Many retailers and restaurants are hoping to take the sting out of the income tax return filing deadline with special offers.
- Most Whole Foods Market locations will be serving free 12 oz. cups of brewed coffee for Tax Day.
- Bruegger’s Bagels has a coupon that will get you a Big Bagel Bundle for $10.40.
- April 15, pick up a free sugar cookie, no purchase necessary, at participating Great American Cookies locations, including Potomac Mills and the Mall in Columbia.
- Get free chips and queso with any purchase on Tax Day at any California Tortilla. Just say “Taxes Shmaxes” to the cashier.
- On April 15, Boston Market is offering buy one, get one free on individual meals, whole sandwiches, whole sandwich combos, salad bowls or market bowls.
- Some Massage Envy Spas are offering free chair massages for tax filers and preparers on Tax Day. Call to see if your location is participating.
- HydroMassage is offering free massages at participating locations all this week, through April 17, to help you relax during tax time.
- All Sonic Drive-In locations are serving half price cheeseburgers on Tax Day.
Office Depot and OfficeMax stores are offering free shredding through April 25. Customers can print a coupon or show it to a store associate via a mobile device to shred up to two pounds of documents for free.
Schlotzsky’s is offering a free small “The Original” sandwich with the purchase of a 32-ounce drink and bag of chips.
As always, deals like this can have special times, limits and exclusions. Either be prepared for the deal to not actual exist at your particular location, or call ahead to confirm the details. Also, expect there to be a lot of other people who are trying to enjoy the offer as well. And, please, be gracious and appreciative! (And if the deal includes service, please calculate your gratuity on the full price.)