How To Change Your Address With DFAS

occasionally, a military retiree or Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP) annuitant will forget to change their physical mailing address with the Defense Finance and Accounting Service.  Then, when they don’t receive their 1099R tax statement or need to get a new myPay password, having the wrong address listed causes trouble.

Thankfully, changing your physical mailing address is easy, and there are a variety of ways to do it.


The quickest and easiest way to update your mailing address is through your myPay account.

  1. Log into your myPay account.
  2. On the Main Menu, click the “Correspondence Address” button.
  3. Enter the new address.
  4. Save your changes.

Address changes take approximately one week to process through the system.

If you have trouble logging in to myPay, use the troubleshooting instructions on the homepage or call 888-332-7411.

Fast Form

Fast Forms are electronic versions of paper forms.  They can be faster and easier than using a paper form.

1.  Go to the Change of Address Fast Form (DD 2866) at the DFAS website.

2.  Complete the form.  If you have questions, please see the supplemental instructions.

3.  Submit the form.

You will receive email confirmation of your submission.  If you do not receive confirmation of receipt from DFAS within 48 hours of submitting your Fast Form, please call 800-321-1080.

Your account will be updated in approximately one week.

Paper Form

Using a paper form is the slowest way to change your address.

  1. Print out a Retiree Change of Address/State Tax Withholding Request (DD2866).
  2. Complete and sign the form.
  3. Mail or fax it to the appropriate address:

For retirees:
Defense Finance and Accounting Service
U.S. Military Retired Pay
P.O. Box 7130
London, KY 40742-7130

Fax: 800-469-6559

For annuitants, beneficiaries and survivors:
Defense Finance and Accounting Service
U.S. Military Annuitant Pay
P.O. Box 7131
London, KY 40742-7131

Fax: 800-982-8459

Paper forms take 30-60 days to be processed.

This information was sourced from the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) military retiree Change of Address webpage.

About the Author

Kate Horrell
Kate Horrell is a military financial coach, mom of four teens, and Navy spouse. She has a background in taxes and mortgage banking, and a trove of experience helping other military families with their money. Follow her on twitter @realKateHorrell.
  • Pat Oleary

    This is a great service that you all provide for the soldiers and their families, active or retired. It is an area of concern that many times does slip the minds of those who do move around and change residences. As tax time draws near, this does become very vital. Hope you continue to do this on a regular continuous basis. Have always figured that redundancy is much much better than nothing at all. Many thanks for what you are doing. >>