2013 Retired Military Paydays

December 13, 2012 | Kate Horrell

Looking for the 2014 Retired Military Paydays?  We’ve got ‘em here!

And now for my retired readers, a list of the 2013 retired military paydays.  In case you are not sure, retired military paydays fall on the 1st , or on the prior business day if the 1st is on a weekend or holiday.  Therefore, the pay calendar looks like this:

Monday, 31 December 2012

Friday, 1 February 2013

Friday, 1 March 2013

Monday, 1 April 2013

Wednesday, 1 May 2013

Friday, 31 May 2013

Monday, 1 July 2013

Thursday, 1 August 2013

Friday, 30 August 2013

Tuesday, 1 October 2013

Friday, 1 November 2013

Friday, 29 November 2013

Tuesday, 31 December 2013.

These are the official retired military paydays.  When your pay will actually arrive in your bank account depends on the policies and practices of your bank or credit union.  Not sure how your bank handles military retired pay deposits?  Give them a call, or ask here in the comments and we’ll try to get it worked out together.  If you compare the dates that you are actually having your pay deposited with the dates that are the paydays, you’ll probably see a pattern of how your financial institution handles military retired pay deposits.

Comments

1. Cheryl says:

Wow, now this is information I couldn't live without. I will get paid. That is amazing information seeing how John McCain is taking away everything I worked hard for. Hopefully, I still get my retired pay the entire year. Now, for the writer of this article. Last paragraph at the bottom of this article, 3rd sentence, 1st word….(NOW) should be NOT……….Really? Elementary my dear.

2. SGM (Ret) Mcc says:

McCain is a friggin RINO, Just Like Chambliss, they don't support anyone but themselves.

3. D. Elliott says:

Kate,
    I turned 60 on Dec. 1, when can I expect my first check?
    I retired from the Mi. National Guard.
    Dennis Elliott

• Denise says:

I turned 60 in August and received mine the following month. You should have received something in the mail informing you of this also. I live in IN so my contact is in Kentucky to call and thinking you are also in the same region to call the Army Retired Personnel. They were helpful to let e know exactly when I would get my first check. Congrats to you.
      Ret Chief

4. Bill says:

What happen to January

5. jacquelyn chandler says:

If you bank with USAA will we get paid on the 28th or will it still be on the 31st. Thank you

Jacquelyn, active duty folks with USAA will see their pay deposited on 28 December. I'm not sure if they have a similar benefit for retirees, however. Let me see what I can find out for you.

6. CwG413 says:

One thing nice about being retired is that I have always gotten paid. When I was stopped lost they stated I left service not retired and I had to call finance a few days before payday to ensure that I got paid. Twice I forgot to call them and they forgot to pay me. It hasn't happened since I retired..how nice to see somethings work the way the should…lol

7. Ken says:

I thought it was changed to the last day of the month sometime last year. When was it changed back?

8. Shannon says:

When is Fairwinds Credit Union retirement pay deposited? With my luck, it won’t be until Monday :(

9. Rebekah says:

Was anyone else not paid today? Because of the holiday I am a bit confused. My bank has Jan. 1st listed as a holiday so I thought pay would come sometime after midnight on the 31st.

• hmm364PurpleFox says:

I wasn't either, I did not see mine this morning as well…I too am confused. I'm on west coast and its already 9 am PST. My bank is also closed on Tuesday the 1st.

• Rebekah says:
        • hmm364PurpleFox says:

I guess the only "upside" to this is its not isolated only to me. I thought it was just Wells Fargo. I'm just going to wait Until the 1st and see what happens before I start looking into it. I did not see my other retirement deposit either that was due on the First. I have my statement from that one and it shows funds deposited on the 1st of Jan. those also are not showing as posted yet. Hang in there! it will show up.

Did y'all get paid eventually? I'm very curious to know!

• Rebekah says:

Yes. It came in the morning of the 1st. It was odd to me because my bank clearly stated online and in the branch that the 1st was a holiday.

10. danielle says:

If your retired, and you have USAA do you still get paid a day before the 1st?

11. Shannon says: