15 November 2012 Military Pay

November 07, 2012 | Kate Horrell

The next regular, active duty military payday is Thursday, 15 November 2012.  Most people will see their pay arrive sometime on that day.

However, some banks and credit unions offer early direct deposit as a courtesy to their customers.

Several banks and credit union, including USAA and PMCU, offer the courtesy of crediting their active duty customers ahead of the actual payday .  Customers of USAA and PMCU, and other institutions that offer direct deposit one business day early, should expect to have their pay deposited on Wednesday, 14 November 2012.

If you bank with Navy Federal Credit Union, your deposit schedule depends on the type of account into which you are having your active duty pay deposited.  Members who have their pay deposited to Active Duty Checking accounts will see their pay pending on Tuesday, 13 November 2012, to be posted overnight and available for use on Wednesday, 14 November 2012.  If you have any other type of account, you will see your pay pending on Wednesday, 14 November 2012, to be posted overnight and available for use on Thursday, 15 November 2012.

Service Credit Union offers early direct deposit “up to two days early,” pending receipt of information from the Defense Finance and Accounting Service.  With payday falling near the end of the week, I imagine that Service Credit Union will be able to post deposits on Tuesday, 13 November 2012.  However, this is never a guarantee, and you should be prepared to be paid as late as the actual payday.  Particularly with the holiday on Monday, 12 November 2012, anything can happen.

What time will you get paid?  It can be any time, so don’t worry.   See  What Time Will I Get Paid?  for more information.

Are you pretty sure that you should have been paid, but you haven’t?   Check out Why  Hasn’t My Pay Been Deposited?

Comments

1. chris says:

Personally I just signed up for the Amex Bluebird card and I’m interested to see how it works ie when it will get deposited … I’ll keep anyone whose curious posted on it but would also appreciate anyone who has experience with it insight.

2. Dan Clarke says:

Since Monday was a holiday, Service CU account holders with a DGAS direct deposit were paid on Saturday, 11/10.

Don’t forget even though we paid extra early ( yay) that means you’ll have longer to go to the end of the month, which I am guessing will be 11/28 (not official)

Thanks for the update, Dan. You know those long pay periods always worry me! Service CU folks, listen to Dan: if you got paid super early, on Saturday, 10 November 2012, it is likely that you will probably be waiting 18 or more days until your next pay is deposited. Please plan accordingly.

3. NewToThis says:

I'm recently married.. My husband is a PFC, he refuses to support me financially. What can I do?

Dear NewToThis, there is a lot to this. When you say, "refuse," what exactly does that mean? Are you living together? Did you move, and leave a job, to be with him? Are you working now? What sort of conversations did you have regarding money before you married? While the military expects its service members to support their families, there are no specific rules for how that should happen.

If you are near a military installation, I suggest you seek counseling from Army Community Services or a chaplain. ACS has Military Family Life Consultants who anonymously provide services to military families. Go alone if you can't convince your husband to go with you. Military families, even more than civilian families, need to work together as a team to make things work. Finances are just one aspect of the teamwork, but they can be the most important.

Good luck, and please let me know how things work out!

I would suggest that you talk to your husband

• Madbmbr says:

1. PFCs shouldn’t be getting married as they don’t make enough to support a family.
      2. I agree wholeheartedly that this is something you both should have discussed before getting married. Particularly your expectations as a military spouse.
      3. Get a job! It will keep you from being bored while he’s at work and will help with the bills dramatically.

4. chris says:

OK so if anyone was considering Amex BlueBird….. Do Not Do It! They do not accept deposits from the government! So now here I am screwed trying to fix this one with my sons birthday coming up in nine days. Any suggestions on how to reroute after the fact would be appreciated!!!!