2012 Active Duty Military Pay Days

December 07, 2011 | Kate Horrell

Looking for the 2013 ?  See 2013 Active Duty Military Paydays!

For those of you who are planning ahead, here is a list of the 2012 Active Duty military pay days.  Keep in mind, the formula is always the same:  military folks get paid on the first and the fifteenth, unless that day falls on a weekend or official federal holiday, then the payday is the business day prior to the weekend or holiday.

If payday has come (or even gone), and you still haven’t seen your pay posted to your account, you might find some help in Why Hasn’t My Pay Been Deposited?

Friday, 13 January 2012 (for more information, See 13 January 2012 Military Pay Day)

Wednesday, 1 February 2012  (for more information, see 1 February 2012 Military Pay)

Wednesday, 15 February 2012 (for more information, see 15 February 2012 Military Pay)

Thursday, 1 March 2012 (for more information, see 1 March 2012 Military Pay)

Thursday, 15 March 2012 (for more information, see 15 March 2012 Military Pay)

Friday, 30 March 2012 (for more information, see 30 March 2012 Military Pay)

Friday, 13 April 2012 (for more information, see 13 April 2012 Military Pay)

Tuesday, 1 May 2012 (for more information, see 1 May 2012 Military Pay)

Tuesday, 15 May 2012 (for more information, see 15 May 2012 Military Pay)

**Please take my poll so that I can find information for YOUR bank or credit union.**

Friday, 1 June 2012 (for more information, see 1 June 2012 Military Pay/Memorial Day)

Friday, 15 June 2012 (for more information, see 15 June 2012 Military Pay)

Friday, 29 June 2012 (for more information, see 29 June 2012 Military Pay)

Friday, 13 July 2012 (for more information, see 13 July 2012 Military Pay)

Wednesday, 1 August 2012 (for more information, see 1 August 2012 Military Pay)  PLEASE NOTE: Long Pay Period Alert! July 2012

Wednesday, 15 August 2012 (for more information, see 15 August 2012 Military Pay)

Friday, 31 August 2012 (for more information, see 31 August 2012 Military Pay)

Friday, 14 September 2012 (for more information, see 14 September 2012 Military Pay)

Monday, 1 October 2012 (for more information, see 1 October 2012 Military Pay)

Monday, 15 October 2012 (for more information, see 15 October 2012 Military Pay)

Thursday, 1 November 2012 (for more information, see 1 November 2012 Military Pay)

Thursday, 15 November 2012 (for more information, see 15 November 2012 Military Pay)

Friday, 30 November 2012 (for more information, see 30 November 2012 Military Pay)

**Don’t forget, just one more paycheck before Christmas, and then a long pay period.**

Friday, 14 December 2012 (for more information, see 14 December 2012 Military Pay)

Monday, 31 December 2012 (for more information, see 31 December 2012 Military Pay)

There are a couple of longer pay periods in 2012:  13 Jan to 1 February, 13 April to 1 May, 13 July to 1 August, and 14 December to 31 December.  Be sure to keep them in mind when you are planning your spending.

Don’t forget that the actual release day of your military pay deposit will depend on the policies and practices of your bank or credit union.

Thinking that you should have been paid?  Why Hasn’t My Pay Been Deposited? might have some helpful tips to figuring out what is happening.

Comments

1. Sarah says:

Do u happen to know when les's will be available for viewing?? Like how many days before pay day?

2. Aaron says:

I have service credit union. Does anyone know when feb 1 pay comes In Monday or Friday? Thank you

I don't know for sure, but I'd guess Monday. Their official policy is "up to two days early" and payday is on Wednesday. Sounds like Monday to me.

3. jess says:

has anyones pay pending yet for feb? we have Navy Federal active duty and still no pending?

• Kady says:

We have navy fed as well and ours was pending two weeks ago, got put in today and is available tomorrow

Kady, are you saying that you have had a payment listed as pending in your Navy Federal account for two weeks? Where do you see that? I'd like to learn more.

4. Jose P. Tamonte Jr. says:

iam retired usarmy i like to have a copy of my LES for monthy bases if you can.

5. Jae says:

HI! is the mid month pay for May the 13th? I thought on the 15th? just confused. Thank u!

No, Jae, it is the 15th. Some banks choose to pay early, but the official pay day is 15 May 2012.

6. Haley says:

I have usaa, and was wondering if the payments that would go in Monday would go in Friday?

7. Adriana says:

Hi , my husband left for boot camp on July 18th and I received his 1st paycheck on the 10th of August. I am confused though because I thought pay days were on the 1st and 15th of every month: so Im wondering did I receive his 1st paycheck late for the 1st or early for his check on the 15th? Thank you

Adriana, I would suspect that it is his paycheck for the 15th. The Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) sends pay information to banks and credit unions in advance of the actual pay day. It wouldn't be surprising if those files arrived at your bank on Friday, because it wouldn't be on Saturday or Sunday. Some banks choose to deposit the money when they receive the files from DFAS, either by policy or because they don't have enough military accounts to quite understand the system.

Welcome to the crazy world of military pay. Once your husband finishes boot camp, he can give you his Leave and Earnings Statements (LES) and you can figure it out from them.

Good luck to you!

• Adriana says:

Thank you for that information. Also if you dont mind me asking , how much is navy seperation pay and when do you receive it?

8. cameron phillips says:

I got promoted to SGT on september 1st, 2012. My LES hasnt shown up yet. And its payday. Why is that?

Cameron, I can't speculate why your LES isn't available…have you recently PCSed? Sometimes LESes are delayed during a move. There should not be a problem with your pay for tomorrow's payday.

Your promotion will not show up on the August LES as it covers the period from 1 -31 August. You will see your promotion on the September LES and the raise will probably be included in your 14 September pay.

Hope that helps!

9. Shawna says:

I have Navy Federal. Will my husbands pay go in Friday and be available Saturday? Or will it be available on Monday? Thanks!

Shawna, that depends on what type of account your husband has set up to receive his pay. If it is an Active Duty checking account, it should show as pending on Thursday, to post overnight and be available for use on Friday. If it is any other type of checking account, it should show as pending on Friday, to post overnight and be available for use on Saturday If you click on the link above to this pay period, it gives a pretty detailed explanation.

Hope that helps!

10. Shawna says:

Will this pay post on Friday/Saturday or will it be Sunday/Monday? We’re with Navy Federal. Thanks for helping!

Shawna, that depends on what type of account you use. If you click on the 1 October 2012 Military Pay link in the article above, it explains it in detail. Thanks!

11. Shawna says:

Can someone please tell me if Oct 1 pay will post on Saturday,rather then Monday? We’re with Navy Federal. Thanks!

12. Kyle says:

Kate, you referenced the 1 October link for the likely dates we will get paid, but there is not an active link there. Very curious about whether I'll be paid Thursday, Friday, or Monday with USAA–haven't had a Monday payday in a while.

13. NavyBoricua says:

DFAS, Banks, and other financial institutions communicate details of transactions before the transactiona acutally occur. This is usally 3-5 days in advanced. When financial instituions recieve these transaction ledgers, they choose what to do with it. As with some of the better banks that serve militray personnel, like Navy Federal and USAA, they already know when and how much you're getting paid before pay day, and don't mind "crediting" your account, as they know they will get your money. Other banks, really just don't care about service members and they process these transactions in accordance with their "regular funds availability policies." If you're with one of these banks and on active duty, consider switching banks.

14. Tae says:

when will you update so we will know when exactly our Oct. 15th check will be in?

Tae, I usually post about a week before payday. You can expect the 15 October paycheck schedule to look exactly like the 1 October paycheck schedule, since they are both Monday paydays.

Hope that helps!

15. mary says:

I have been communicating with a marina stationed in Afghan he is asking me to send him money to help pay his sons schooling. Tells me his pay is frozen until he returns state side. Is this true
    Concerened

• D.Allen U.S.A. ret says:

Pay frozen while in a combat zone? NOPE.

I'll bet you've never met this marine in person. Probably contacted you via email saying he was given your email address by a friend, or something similar. (or met you in a chat room)

There are numerous scams going on that claim to be U.S. servicemen overseas with this problem or that. All are asking that the person in the U.S. send them money. None are U.S. Military. As a matter of fact, none are even Americans. They are a network of foreign con artists, preying on the sympathy and patriotism of Americans at home.

Thanks to the readers for answering mary before I saw this comment. Mary – please do not send money. This is a common scam. I'm so glad you asked before sending money. Good luck to you!

16. alfred says:

this is a scam I receive many!! do not answer, do not give information, and delete asap then do a scan for virus, malware, etc. also, can report to email spoof, scam.

17. Bat says:

Anyone know when navy federal payday is for Halloween 2012? Any chance we get paid this weekend?

18. maria says:

Dec 31 payday will you get paid on monday or saturday usally when i get paid on monday it deposited on sat

maria, if your pay is usually deposited on Saturday for a Monday payday, it probably will be the same for the 31 December payday. You can call your bank to verify.

• Liz says:

I have noticed for Monday paydays with NFCU, it is deposited Friday, but available Saturday.

• Illysha says:

We're trying to budget for a trip the weekend of dec 29th. Since the first falls on that following Monday, will we get paid the Friday before? We're with Navy Fed and I'm not sure how when they're gonna pay us since the 1st is a holiday. Man it would be awesome if we got paid the Friday before lol

Illysha, it depends on what type of checking account into which you have your pay deposited. If you have your pay deposited into an Active Duty checking account, you will see it pending on Thursday, 27 December 2012, to be posted overnight and available for use on Friday, 28 December 2012. If you have your pay deposited into any other type of account, you will see it pending on Friday, 28 December 2012, to be posted overnight and available for use on Saturday, 29 December 2012. Don't forget, with Navy Federal, pending does not mean posted and available for use.

19. marina says:

My husband is hone for holiday block leave and should have been paid the 15th bit still has notbgotten paid can anyone explain why

20. jimmy says:

If my LES says I get paid on the 31st of december, which is a holiday, but I bank with armed forces bank, would I then get paid on friday? thanks a bunch guys. You're all very helpful.

jimmy, 31 December is not a holiday. 1 January is a holiday, which is why payday is on 31 December. I am not familiar with Armed Forces Bank's policies for posting pay, but it should be the same as any other Monday payday. If you can access your statement from 1 October 2012, and see when that pay posted, it should give you an idea what to expect. However, the best thing to do is call you bank.

21. Jonathan says:

I was suppose to be payed today on the first of march.February only has 28 days so will I still get payed in the first our will I get payed in the third? I know its early but kinda worried cause its not gone through yet….

• guest says:

you should get paid today, provided you aren't in basic etc. a non military bank it usually takes a little longer in the day to see your pay come in. Check you LES, make sure your banking info is correct etc

Jonathan, payday is the 1st regardless of the length of the month before it. It is earlier if the 1st is on a weekend or a holiday. Then, payday is the preceding business day, usually Friday.

22. katie says:

my last day in the military is february 14 when will i receive my last check???

23. Sarah says:

yes, because your pay on July 1st covers your pay from 16 June to the end of the month.