1 October 2011 Military Pay

September 21, 2011 | Kate Horrell

Payday is coming, and I can tell because my email is filled with people asking me when they’ll get paid.  Because 1 October 2011 is on a Saturday, the next payday is Friday, 30 September 2011.  So when should you expect to see your deposit posted to your account?  That depends on your bank and sometimes even what kind of account you have.

If you have a regular bank account and have no reason to believe that your pay will be deposited early, then you should expect to see your deposit sometime on Friday, 30 September 2011.  You can check your previous deposits if you are not sure when your bank usually releases funds.  It can be anytime on Friday, depending on system capabilities and other variables.

If your bank is one that offers early release of funds for military direct deposit, like USAA or PMCU, then you will see your deposit on Thursday, 29 September 2011.  Again, it can be any time that day.

A note about this Navy Federal prediction:  This is not official information.  This is my estimate based upon Navy Federal’s stated policies and my readers past experiences.  I could be totally wrong.

If your pay is deposited to Navy Federal Credit Union, you will need to know what kind of account you have.  Navy Federal offers a variety of different checking accounts, including Active Duty checking, Everyday checking, Flagship checking, and e-Checking.  Early direct deposit is only available for customers who have an Active Duty checking account.  Active Duty checking account customers should see their deposit posted overnight on Wednesday, 28 September and be available for use on Thursday, 29 September.  Customers with any other kind of checking account should see their deposit posted overnight on Thursday, 29 September and be available for use on Friday, 30 September.  Not sure what kind of account you have?  Check your online account access page, call NFCU, or stop by your branch and ask!

Comments

1. Anthony says:

I am 100% military disabled,is their a tax on a car that I buy for transportation.

• EDDIE CREECH says:

YES THERE IS A TAX ON EVERYTHING YOU BUY DOES NOT MATTER IF YOU ARE TOTAL DISABLE. THE ONLY TAX YOU DO NOT PAY IS ON MILITARY BASES.

• Ken Stockdale says:

That is not totally true, there are taxes that 100% disabled do not pay, depending on the state yo live in, we are exempt from some taxes usually collect on the purchase of a home

• Janet Skinner says:

I'm 100% also only save I get is 45% off property taxes yearly and reduced tag fee.because I get the DISABLED VET TAG..not much but its a help. Thanks for serving and protecting.

• Sharon Kislingbury says:

In the State of Arizona we do not pay license plate taxes or fees if you have 100% VA Disability, it may vary from State to State. We have a personalized plate which costs $30 per year and that has a $1.50 tax added to it. So our total plate cost is $31.50 per year from new purchase to the last purchase. The only sticker is it only covers 1 vehicle.

• Flybynight99 says:

Eddie, All caps is rude (same as yelling)… Anthony… if on a military assignment or such, no.. there's no tax… being disable… you will have to pay tax, but be sure they know you are disabled (and/or retired) military disabled. Most, such as Hertz and Enterprise have a military or veterans discount. That may offset the taxes a bit. Good Luck!

• Ken Stockdale says:

no, their is not a tax credit for the purchase of a car, but you may go to the prothestic department at your local VA clinic or hospital, and they can tell you what grants you can apply for

2. Leonard says:

anyone know if disable va. going to get a increas this year

• janet skinner says:

watch this site they tell all, but we usually get the same as SSI, Im sure there are archived issues here about PAY INCREASES just search a little

• Watersisland says:

V.A. disability and Social Security will always have the same annual increase. It has not been announced this year yet (Usually 1NOV) but is almost certain that there WILL be an increase. The past two years have had NO increase, and that is the first and only time that there has ever been NO increase since Congress established S.S. cost of living increases based on the C.P.I.

3. Nae says:

Mypay is showing no pay for next pay period.

• Terrie says:

Did anyone reply to you about why there is not an LES showing for military pay this Friday? I have the same question; this is not normal for an LES to be this late so close to a pay date.

4. Terry says:

In Colorado, DV vehicle plates are free on any one vehicle. Must be at least 60% VA disabled

5. goodman says:

I haven't received my LES for Sept 30th . And I thought I should have already.

6. jemc50 says:

Somehow, this looks like a "smoke and mirrors" accounting trick. It puts the October payroll expense into FY 2011 instead of FY 2012. Nice trick, but it can only be done once.

• Lynn3765 says:

This is standard. Whenever a payday falls on the weekend, the pay is deposited the Friday before..no trick here…jus tthe way the calendar worked out this year.

• jemc50 says:

Sorry, but for retirees, payday has always been the first business day after the 1st when the 1st falls on a weekend. The funds paying retirees are substantial.

Congress, in the last military authorization/appropriation for FY2011 changed this and gives the retirees their payday prior to the 1st on those months the 1st falls on a weekend.

This moves the retirees October payment (FY2012) into September (FY2011). Thereby, reducing the DoD fixed retiree expense in FY 2012 by one month.

It is an accounting trick that allows a liability to be expensed into a different FY. So, in reality there will only be 11 retiree paydays expensed in FY2012, reducing the retiree expense for one fiscal year. This allows the government to show a reduction in the DoD budget for FY12 or use those funds for other DoD expenses.

But, this method of expensing can only be used once. Hence, the "smoke and mirrors".

7. ashbrary says:

I haven't received an LES for Sept. 30th. I am on R&R so not sure if this is the reason but it is making me nervous

• Hey Ashbrary – My Husband is currently in Lightning – So nope it's not due to your R&R lol His hasn't posted either – I have noticed a LOT of soldier's LES are missing… It is making me super nervous because we have a house note and car note due on the first I was relying on that pay for. Praying it posts to the bank even if not to myPay. {If Anyone's LES *Guard* Posts Soon Please Post Thanks}

8. Acole says:

Just called DFAS they are saying that Guard/Reserve is having issues posting LES's for them. When I asked is the pay going to be sent to the banks on Sep 30th they said I dont know. Great feeling for the upcoming pay check

9. NOTHING says:

hey Kate would love to see you do something on the possible goverment shutdown on friday. Because truth is if they dont do something fast and pass a CR then we may not have a payday on the 15th of october and that could be really devastating to lower ranking service members with kids as far as bills and christmas is concerned. Thanks!

10. goodman says:

I was told the LES will post the 1st and money should be available the 5th. I’m hoping its true. I am counting on this for bills.

11. Camacho says:

My husband is deployed and his whole company has yet to recieve a LES. I am on hold wih DFAS as we speak, so I can update. If anyone hears anything, please post!

12. Camacho says:

By the way, I'm up to 15 minutes on hold.

• dwsth says:

Any luck? This is really unnerving. My husband is deployed with his Nation Guard unit, so he tried contacting his company's HR NCO who is still stateside (therefore getting paid by state govn't not fed. govn't) and his response was: "I got my LES. It's probaly just an Admin error. If anything, you can get paid in the respect that wearing the uniform gets. And that, good sir, is priceless. :)" So now I'm quite irrate. Please tell us you have some good news!

• Camacho says:

I was on hold for 23 minutes and got disconnected. I got intouch with my husband and he called and got disconnected as well. He said he will try to call again later. I do not understand it. What is going on?

• Camacho says:

Also, my husband was in the reserves and got pulled to deploy and is currently serving on Active Duty. I certainly hope it resolves itself. Its hard not knowing the forecast or even being able to deed on a stedy paycheck to budget with.

13. Camacho says:

Are you ready for this? Hold on to your seats and if you don't have one, you better get one.

No one is getting paid until the government passed the budget for the new fical year. As of now, DOD has no approval for payments. Once that approval is given, they will MANUALLY begin payouts.

Until then…I suppose our troops work for free.

Don't you flippin' love it? If it wasn't for our support as individual families, who would take of them (you)?

Also, if they give the ok by tonight or tomorrow, we may still receive payment by the first.

If we hear anything else, I'll post.

• dwsth says:

Thank you for replying to my inquiry. This is just so ridiculous.

• Terrie says:

Being that the budget approval was passed last night in regards to the FEMA issues, this morning LES for active guards overseas can now see an LES for their pay on 09/30/2011!!

• Kat says:

My husband is active guard in state, not overseas. Should we expect payment on time or will it be late. Right now no LES is showing.

• Beans says:

Can you tell me what is going on? I don't see anything anywhere else except here, so I'm confused. Is this a real concern?

• Camacho says:

Read below. What else would you like to know? It’s a real issue. When I get more info…I will share.

14. Camacho says:

Turn on C-Span. Right now 60 votes are waiting for the new spending budget to be approved. It's live…also c-span.org gives updates if you dont get the channel.

15. Joe says:

Man what kinda bullshit is this I thought we were past all this and here we go again got to love our fat ass republicans and dems they are a waste of space!!!!!

16. Camacho says:

33 yay
    25 nay

17. Joe says:

So now that it’s approves we get paid on the 1st?

18. Camacho says:

It's passed but the house now needs to approve it.

19. Camacho says:

Dude, got Kate? Where's her imput?

20. armywife0613 says:

House won't vote until "later this week". My guess is they are all still getting paid.

21. armywife0613 says:

u

22. dixon says:

are you serrious! I love being in Iraq for free, sad thing is if they cant afford to pay us I guess they cant afford to send us home either. taking donations for my mortgage payment

23. sarge's wife says:

kate – woudl love your input ! Can you give us a clear sense of what is going on and when we shoud expect to see $$. This is really disgusting

24. Kara says:

DH's LES has been up since the 23rd and it's showing all the correct pay.

25. Camacho says:

For those of us who had no LES; it has since been updated after the approval. Check your LES. Remember, these are admendments that were past. We are only funded until Nov. 18 and they have to vote again October 4th to finalize the new budget for the fiscal year. The approval bought us time, no a steady income.

26. Joe says:

I got a les dated for the 9th. Is this going be like last time where we get payed on time or am I really getting payed on the 9th?

27. Camacho says:

Your really going to get paid on the 9th. My husbands is dated September 30 but he has no SDAP. Also, some members in his company have 3 les…already waiting for mid month. It’s a mess. A lot of guys didn’t get paid SDAP.

28. NOA says:

Still no LES for us! Certainly hope it is because they are busy inputting pay instead taking time now inputting LES info.

29. Kat says:

My husband is active guard in Michigan. Do know anything definitive about them?

30. Christie says:

I have a question about SRB installments. They are paid on October 1, but because october 1 is on a saturday when will it post? I have usaa. I am just curious if it will post on thursday just like the pay or if it will post on friday? thank you.

31. Camacho says:

It appears first filtered down as in active members first, then reservist, then guard members as they get the funds made avaliable by DOD.

32. flatwoodsflyer says:

remember this on election day, gettem outta there, I `m so fed up with the dems and rep, I`m thinking about not even voting, unless they get some better runners , we need to get someone to run thats never been in politics, there are plenty of business people that would really do good if we could get them to run, I am just sick and tired of this daily crap with the "INS" get the " INS" OUT

• randy says:

if you're fed up but not going to vote, then you're just accepting what is status quo….vote them out!

33. KateKashman says:

Heather, everyone should have been paid on 30 September. If your husband did not receive his paycheck, he needs to check with his finance people. If you have a power of attorney for pay issues, you might be able to check with the rear detachment of his unit.

This is the third time this year that there has been a legitimate scare regarding delayed military paychecks. All military families need to be prepared for the possibility that their pay could be delayed due to federal budget issues.

34. Marion says:

Did anybody get a paycut?? My retirement check deposit was $2.67 less than last months. Does anybgody know why???

• Willie says:

Yes, I did. And not at all happy about it. My pay has been getting smaller everyday congress is awake.

35. Alan says:

Still waiting on SRB payments. Is it just me or is there a delay in all SRB payments?

36. DragonHammer says:

Congress and Senate need to remember they work for us not the other way around!!!

• jason says:

They know that…they just don't care that much for anyone else but themselves. If they were getting an srb, they would give themself a raise and already have it.