About the Author

Kate Horrell
Kate Horrell is a military financial coach, mom of four teens, and Navy spouse. She has a background in taxes and mortgage banking, and a trove of experience helping other military families with their money. Follow her on twitter @realKateHorrell.

27 Comments on "How To Access MyPay"

  1. I have not been able to find an answer to this question anywhere. My husband is in basic training right now and his first paycheck will be deposited tomorrow (I see a direct deposit pending note right now). However I am unclear on if I can access MyPay while he is still in basic to see what the breakdown is of what is included in this paycheck. Is a MyPay account something he would have set up there, or will he not do that until he is done? If I request a new PIN, would there be an address already set up from his end (such as a military email that I don't already have access too), although I know he doesn't get internet access there.

    Also, the amount I saw was much, much higher than expected- is it possible they would have paid BAH for the entire month of December? He arrived at basic on the 13th.

  2. Retired Alle Ceruti | December 29, 2010 at 3:18 pm |

    what post is your husban at?

  3. He is in basic training at Great Lakes, IL.

  4. Larry G. Jarrett | August 8, 2011 at 8:17 pm |

    On my retiree account statement, on back of statement under beneficiaries on record, it has my wife's name and under share 100%. Does this mean
    she gets a check after I pass on?

  5. GARY BIELSKI | November 9, 2011 at 3:40 pm |

    I have tried to access mypay several times. I would like to be able to get a copy of my pay statement. None of the information given is helpful. We got notice that after the 8th of Oct. DFAS will not be mailing out hard coppies of our pay statment. Thank You,

  6. cliff piazza | November 21, 2011 at 1:36 pm |

    Am I a member ? If so why am i un able to bring up ads that are posted. Have I been asigned a pass word? I am pleased to find this wed site, it has a wealth fi info. Thanks for it.

  7. Gerald Smalls | January 17, 2012 at 7:58 pm |

    I have tried to sign on to this site several times with my email address as well as the pasword that I remember; but to no avail.. There should be an option added just in case you forget both your password and log in ID if need be, email addresses change on a regular basis as well, but the system here only have the one you put in from day one, there should be a way where you can change that on the screen. I understand security is an issue, but there can be a way to use your SSN to verify who you are. The only options that are given are if you forgot your password, or your log in ID, some of us old timers tend to forget things..

  8. Rayborn Dunnam | January 26, 2012 at 2:34 pm |

    I need a pin number for my pay. I have never requested one.

  9. Rayborn Dunnam | January 26, 2012 at 2:36 pm |

    send pin number to my Email..

  10. i was honorably discharge from the army last year in june…i dont know how im suppose to get my w-2 and it wasnt mailed to my house. i need help…i tried mypay but i still couldnt get anything to come up.

  11. Robert L. Wilkerson. | February 14, 2012 at 12:31 pm |

    Feb 14 is here. Still no W-2 form. Can you help track in down for me. Robert L. Wilkerson USAF RETIRED.

  12. Sue Smith | March 4, 2012 at 2:56 pm |

    I have been trying to access my MyPay acct and can't remember my password. When I click on "can't remember password" I get to a place where I am told I don't have a MyPay account. I have not accessed it in a long time but I did not cancel it. I tried to set up a new account and I get a message that the info doesn't match. How can it now match if I don't have an account to match it with? I need an monthly income statement for obtaining an apt.


  14. I'm trying to get a December 20011 RAS.The only option listed is April 24,2011.Attempting to get through on 1800 321 1080 has been to put it politely difficult.

  15. I meant April 2010 noot2011

  16. Kenneth E.Watts | February 7, 2013 at 5:46 am |

    Iam an 82year old tech-no phobic when it comes to computers. (2) plus I suspect some rug-rats were”playing” with my system over the holidays
    (3)I erroneously changedmy selection from CDrpP to CRSC during the “OPEN SEASON” resulting in my ex-wife not receving her monly $1600.00 allotment I have made out to her. I assume the other deductions I had made such as insurance and SBP also were not deducted. FROM 002/013 PAY. Is this so?
    I was trying to get a new PSWD to get into my DFAS account, but screwed that up too. HELP! !help! help! !> call me if necessary iF nOT, TELL ME WHERE i CAN CALL YOU TO GET MY PAY STRAIGHTENEAD OUT..

  17. dong nguyen | June 9, 2013 at 4:27 pm |

    how can i get my pay statement with new pin and password

  18. I can't access the website anymore. Is it down or what? All is get is "Firefox can't find the server at mypay.dfas.mil." same thing on internet explorer.

  19. dale johnson | November 26, 2013 at 1:27 pm |

    my wife has been on social security and medicare since april .she is ontricare for life since april i am satill paying for tricare prime for her .that should have stopped in april,.there was no need to pay afterapril 1 st why am i still being charged for it please answer that question thanks dale johnson

  20. marcelino s. santos | January 9, 2014 at 7:01 pm |

    i have not received my disability compensation since october2013 until january2014, I applied a direct deposit but theres no result i need your help.

  21. My husband is at basic and I have no idea what the password is or the email and customer service won’t help me even though I am his wife. How can I check his my pay account?

  22. Shigeto Murayama | October 31, 2014 at 10:28 pm |

    do not remember receit of a TIM. please send or tell me how to get one. thankyou.

  23. I live in Thailand, am retired military. I have been accessing mypay.dfas.mil for many years on line. Yesterday and today I tried to access dfas.mil in IE, Firefox and Chrome. None of the 3 browsers can access the website. Do you have an email address for mypay? Thanks and please email me your reply.

  24. Hello, Im trying to get help from anyone really that might have some insight. I was medically discharged in October and I set up my new login with MyPay. My problem is that I need to print copies of my allotment history for a custody hearing for my son. The option for allotments and the history of it seems to not be in the list anymore now that I am discharged. Is there any way to get the paperwork that I need or someone that I can call to fax it to me? Please help, I am in desperate need of this paperwork. Thank you

  25. Can anyone tell me how to get a W2 if you can access MY PAY as a civilian. DFAS provides a way to request on DFAS but not MY PAY or anywhere else that I can find. I am now retired and can't access my email anymore. Didn't set any of this up before retirement. HELP!

  26. I am retired military and am trying to find out what my deductions are on my military pay. I have a DFAS-CL 7220/148 which shows my federal income tax withholding but where do I find the withholding for tricare medical and dental?

  27. Well i'm not sure if this will help anybody but some information is better than none. I found this website http://www.dfas.mil/customerservice/lesrequest.ht
    where you fill in your information and their able to send you your old L.E.S's all the way back to 1993. Hope i was able to help someone.

Comments are closed.