Every year, the Defense Commissary Agency (DECA) offers a huge scholarship program, awarding at least one scholarship at each location that has a qualifying applicant.
The 2010 program has opened and applications can be obtained at your local commissary, through the link at the DECA website, or more directly at the scholarship website. Eligibility requirements include:
- Unmarried, children under the age of 23.
- Dependent of active duty, reserve/guard and retired military, plus survivors of active duty or retired members.
- Enrolled in DEERS and have current dependent ID card.
- Enrolled in a full-time undergraduate program.
- Community college students must be enrolled in a program that transfers to a 4 year school.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (out of 4.0).
- Not be receiving a full scholarship or attending a military academy or military academy prep school.
This is a great opportunity to help pay for college. More details can be found at the scholarship website. Applications require an essay and must be received by the commissary by February 17, 2010, so don’t procrastinate!