Retired Military Change of Address

I get a lot of questions about how to change the address that is on file with the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS).  It is important that you keep your address up-to-date.  It will make things a lot easier if you need to get a replacement document, or make any other changes to your account.  There are four ways to change your address:  through the myPay system, through the Fast Forms program, via the regular mail, or by fax.

This article is directed at retirees and recipients of Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP) annuities.  I really think that active duty folks used to have a way to change their mailing address online, but I can not find it anymore.  I think you may need to do it with your finance folks.


If you have a myPay online access account, that is definitely the most convenient way to change your address.  Login to your account.   If you are on active duty, you will select the

Select the “Correspondence Address” link on the Main Menu.  Then, enter the correct address and save the changes.  Updates are supposed to occur within three to seven days.

Fast Form

Fast Forms are online versions of  paper forms. The Change of Address Fast Form (DD 2866) is simple and speedy.  It asks some personally identifying questions to verify your identity.  If you have questions, there are  supplemental instructions that should answer your questions.  You should receive an email confirmation that your Fast Form has been submitted, and your account will be updated within seven business days.  If you do not receive email confirmation  within 48 hours of submitting your Fast Form, you should call DFAS at 800-321-1080.

By Mail

Print out and complete the  change of address form, or write a request including your old and new mailing address, the effective date for the new address, your name, social security number, and signature with date.  Send the completed form, or a written request, to:

DFAS U.S. Military Retired Pay

P.O. Box 7130

London, KY 40742-7130


DFAS U.S. Military Annuitant Pay

P.O. Box 7131

London, KY 40742-7131

Paper forms can take up to 60 days to be processed.

By Fax

You can submit the same form or request to the following fax telephone numbers:

DFAS Retired Pay Fax at 800-469-6559

DFAS Annuitant Pay Fax at 800-982-8459

Paper forms can take up to 60 days to be processed.

Keeping your physical address up-to-date will help make any future transactions go more smoothly.  If your address is out-of-date, change it today.


About the Author

Kate Horrell
Kate Horrell is a military financial coach, mom of four teens, and Navy spouse. She has a background in taxes and mortgage banking, and a trove of experience helping other military families with their money. Follow her on twitter @realKateHorrell.
  • Jimmie E. Spear

    I live overseas in mexico and cannot enter my correct address on mypay web site as the drop down menu for city does not include my city (AIJIJIC) nor does it include provision to enter the state. I cant use the FAST FORM as it is designed for US address only. Thank YOU