2014 USAA Pay Posting Calendar

January 24, 2014 | Kate Horrell

Looking for information on this payday?  Look at 15 October 2014 Military Pay for more information.

USAA still has not updated their pay posting calendar to reflect the fact that we’re now in 2014.  Update 30 January 2014:  USAA has their calendar up.  So, I made my own calendar.  This is not an official posting from USAA.  It is my calculation based upon the policies of USAA.

USAA-Pay-Posting-Calendar-2014-408x326

If it is too small for you to read, you can click on the image and it will come up larger on your screen.

Per their policies, you can see that direct deposit of Active Duty military pay occurs one day prior to the actual payday.  It has been reported to me that retiree pay is also deposited one day early.  Don’t forget that pay can be deposited at any time on the day…there is no scheduled time.

If you have USAA, and you use them for retirement pay or VA disability benefits, would you mind commenting about your experiences.  I am always trying to get a better understanding of things that interest my readers, and that is certainly a topic of interest!

Comments

1. disabledvet says:

va disability follows the same calendar

either you fixed the calendar or the above comments aren't reading your calendar right, the pay dates look right to me.

• Stephen says:

I am a disabled vet in Oklahoma and Labor Day is here…you know the story
      out of money…out of gas…running low on dog food….Thank you for your service
      to our country and the info on pay dates…Stephen

2. Amy says:
  3. Elaina Reitenour says:

It looks like it is one day off one some months, like January. The actual pay day is February 1, so funds will be available on the 31st through USAA

4. Elaina Reitenour says:
  5. Valerie says:

So should my DFAS Retirement Pension been posted by this time since it is the 30th or what time does it usually appear ?

6. Lwivan says:

USAA post their calendar already guys, if im not mistaken look the same

7. Valerie says:

USAA says the 30th….however still not posted. Too add though, they do have the disclaimer that it posts throughout the course of the business day ….so perhaps this early in the AM is jumping the gun

8. shane says:

still nothing..starting to think the 31st makes more sense.

9. Christian says:

I get retirement benefits through the va and I have usaa, I get paid a day early as well, really convenient.

• Kate says:

Thanks for letting me know, Christian. I rely on readers like you because I don't have every situation in my personal life.

10. Rachel says:
  11. Jennifer says:

I’m a phase 2 student at Tech School under Chase bank. Will I get paid tomorrow the 1st?

• Kate says:

Jennifer, you should be paid today. Payday is the business day prior if the 1st falls on a weekend or holiday.

12. Amanda says:

My husbands pay still has not went into our account and he has been gone since the 5th. What time should his pay go in today

• Kate says:

Amanda, when you say "gone since the 5th," do you mean that he left for basic military training then? First military pay may not come immediately, or if he did not have the correct details with him, it may not be directed deposited into your joint account. Have you been able to speak with him? You may find helpful information in: http://paycheck-chronicles.military.com/2010/12/0

If he is paid today, and it is deposited into your joint account, then it can come at any time. It depends on the practices of your bank or credit union.

Good luck to you!

13. jason hyatt says:
  14. Reggie Wayne says:

I’m overseas and have usaa, how does the one day pay work for me? Will I have funds on Monday? Or wait until Monday night when it’s the 14th in the states?

15. Samiam says:

FYI- SSI (we get for 2 special needs kiddos) also post according to this schedule

16. Pablo says:

My military retirement and VA payments as well as my civilian paychecks all hit a day early. I once called DFAS and they said that the VA payments usually come in on the last day of the month and retirement on the first but they both hit on the last day of the month unless it's a weekend or holiday.

17. Julius says:

It's very simple and very easy to understand…if the 1rst falls on the weekend(sat or sun) you will be paid direct dep. the day befor on Friday! If the Monday is the 1rst but it's a federal holiday…you still will be paid on the Friday !!! If the 1rst falls on Monday -Friday with no holidays….you will be paid on the exact first! I've been getting mine for years that way.

18. Mary says:

How long does it take to get my husbands retirement account set up? He officially was "separated" on 10/29/2013 even though he has over 20 years in, after some back and forth with Ft. Knox they FINALLY got everything they needed and he received his 20 year retirement dated May 2, 2014 with a retired date of 11/1/2013, here is it, June 8th and still NOTHING in MyPay. This is insane, you serve your country for 20 years and then take forever to give the retired vets their pay.

19. Kate says:

Mary, was your husband active duty, reserves, or National Guard? There is a big difference in the way these different components do the accounting for retirement pay. Reserve (and National Guard, as far as I know) retired pay requires the retiree to submit a request to begin receiving retired pay, and nothing can begin to be processed until that request has been correctly submitted.

I'm a little confused about how you are using the terms separated and the three different dates you've listed. Readers who are familiar with reserve or Guard retirement, can you help?

Thanks!