2014 Military Pay Charts

December 28, 2013 | Kate Horrell

The President has signed the 2014 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) into law, and it includes a 1.0% increase in military pay. This increase will be effective 1 January 2014, and you will see the increase in your 15 January 2014 paycheck.

While 1.0% is not a huge increase, and it is much less than the 1.8% increase supported by veterans groups. An E-6 with 8 years of service will get a raise of $32 per month, an O-3 with four years of service will get a raise of $51 per month.  I know that some people are very upset that the raise isn’t more, and I understand.  Personally, however, I am thankful that there is any increase at all.

Check out the 2014 pay charts, or use our Military Pay Calculator to figure the total amount of your military pay.  The calculator is super-nifty; it lets you include all special pays, allowances, and other information to calculate your total military pay.  It is also very easy to use.  You should definitely give it a look-see.

Still looking to verify BAS rates; I’ll let you know when I find out.

Comments

1. Bill Bolduc says:

What’s the hold-up with publishing BAS rates? I know it will be only a dollar or two increase but it would be nice to get some confirmation of 2014 rates.

2. Amanda says:

Do you happen to know how much the BAH is for a 2nd LT officer that has been in for 4 years? Do they base it off rank?

• Mike says:

It is based on rank and whether or not the soldier has dependents. More importantly it is based on where he/she is stationed. Years of service are not part of the consideration for bah

• Amanda says:

Thank you! My husband will be stationed at the Quantico Marine Corps base for his officer school he is an O1. And he has 1 dependent which is me. I am just trying to find out around what the BAH will be so I know what to tell our realitor. Thanks again for your help
        Amanda

Amanda, if you put "bah query" into google, it will take you to the page to find out your husband's BAH. It will ask the zip code and the rank. It is also listed on his Leave and Earnings Statement. However, PLEASE don't make a decision about how much house you can afford to rent or buy based upon your husband's BAH. You need to look at your overall financial picture including other income, debts, expenses, etc., in order to make a good decision.

3. Sean says:

I’m trying to find pay rate changes for any lower enlisted soldiers E-1 to E-5. I’ve been searching and can’t find one. Any help locating one would be appreciated.

Sean, if you click on the link above, it will take you to the new pay chart for 2014. You'll have to scroll down to the rank you want to see. It is a flat 1% increase for everyone regardless of rank.

4. Daniel says:

2014 BAS Rates
    357.55 Enlisted
    246.24 Officer

5. Dan says:

Has the DFAS pay table which includes the BAS shown above by Daniel.

Dan, thanks so much! I could never do my job without the help of my readers. We all appreciate your assistance.