2014 Retired Military Paydays

November 06, 2013 | Kate Horrell

Looking for the 2014 active duty military paydays?

For my retired readers, here’s a comprehensive (and hopefully accurate) list of the paydays for military retired pay. ┬áMilitary retired pay is deposited on the 1st of each month, or the previous business day if the first falls on a weekend or holiday. ┬áTherefore, the dates for military retired pay for 2014 are:

Tuesday, 31 December 2013

Friday, 31 January 2014

Friday, 28 February 2014

Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Thursday, 1 May 2014

Friday, 30 May 2014

Tuesday, 1 July 2014

Friday, 1 August 2014

Friday, 29 August 2014

Wednesday, 1 October 2014

Friday, 31 October 2014

Monday, 1 December 2014

Wednesday, 31 December 2014

Hope that helps you plan!

Comments

1. Thanks, Kate!

2. Ole dolphin says:

sure does. Thanks

3. waltbutler says:

Guess my post didn't post!! Your 1 Sep payday is a holiday – Labor Day?????

4. lmillert says:

I don't spend it until I receive it.

• M1917A1 says:

Yeah, with "Instant Transfers", "Hot Check" day's are a thing of the past. That's how we use to survive when we were home ported in Pearl.

5. Rusty says:

Very helpfull thank you very much

6. Steffi says:

Thanks this list will be really useful for my brother, he has just retired.

7. tammy says:

thank you for the pay dates for 2014 i was starting to worry since it is so close to 2014 and i like to plan month by month as they go i appreciate it

8. Signalman says:

Was this originally posted in November? I was able to print out the last (2013)years one, but don't want to copy/paste this one, with the ad in the middle of it…

9. Kristin Williams says:

If child support is court ordered and coming out of the service members pay monthly when they retire will it continue to come monthly.

• M1917A1 says:

Yes, all allotments will continue unless cancelled by the service member. You will be asked about your allotments at your separation and transfer to the Fleet Reserves. Good luck and smooth sailings in your retirement. James P. Vetzel, GMGC, SW, USN, Retired ('64-'86)

• tracie says:

If they retire, they have no more active service, but they will retirement pension, you may want to look into that, but I believe that child support comes out of their pension but they will not give you their whole pension, because he did fight for his country.

10. Gilly says:

How much does 1.5% Retired pay equal too?

11. Doris says:

What happened to the payday for March 2014?

12. R Zien says:

Thanks. It helps plan the deposit dates..

13. Larry says:

Usually how long before the pay date does the pvy statement/voucher show up in DFAS?_

• Kate says:

Larry, I am not sure for retiree account statements. Active duty leave and earnings statements are usually up about a week before the pay day. Readers, do you know?

14. Larry Murphy says:

Nornally, how long before the pay date does the pay statement/voucher show up in DFAS?

15. Vance says:

Kate I sent you an e-mail about retired pay about a week ago but never got an answer. Vance

16. Kate says:

Vance, I get tons of emails, and I reply to them as quickly as possible. I am finding your email hard to understand. I will send it back to you and perhaps you can make it easier for me to read. Thank you.

17. Billy Addie says:

I am a new Army retiree as of Today!! When should I expect my retirement pay?

• Kate says:

Congratulations, Billy. That is great! You will probably see your first retirement pay on 1 June 2014. Thank you for your service.

18. Glenn S says:

If I change my direct deposit to another financial institution, how long before it goes in affect at the new location?

19. Chuck L says:

If you are eligible to receive reserve retired pay at 60, will the first check start on the 1st day of your birth month or the 1st of the month following your birthday?

• Kate says:

Chuck, I'm not super-well versed on retired reserve pay. I'm pretty sure it will be the month AFTER you turn 60, and after you submit your request to start receiving retired pay. I think it says in the instructions that go with the request to start receiving retired pay.

Readers?

• Rock says:

You are on the money Kate. I retired from the reserve program 9 March (age 60) and received my first direct deposit pension from Uncle on 1 April Chuck.

20. Harold wandle says:

I am worried my retired military pay was not posted on my on line chase banking account for the month of may

21. chris says:

If you retire on the 9th of the month will you or should you receive your first pay the following month on the 1st? Or when would you likely see your first payment?
    Thanks

22. Tracie says:

If we have retired, and we want to come out of retirement, to continue to serve, is that possible, or what jobs can we get to add more years to our time?

23. Trace says:

what I also what to know when we are granted our retire pension, how soon will we receive it.?

24. Kevin says:

Great info, thanks. Stay blessed.

25. victor Marrero says:

Hi, on Aug 18, 2014 was my 60th birthday. According to your above paydays list I was supposed to get my direct deposit of my retirement on Aug 29th. However I checked my account with Pentagon Credit Union and as of today I have no deposit. All my paper work was done months ago and I even received the orders to get my new ID card. What should I do?

• Kate says:

Mr. Marrero, you should logon to your MyPay account and see what information is contained there. Particularly be sure to check your account information. If you find errors in your MyPay record, then you will need to contact DFAS by mail and/or phone. I suggest that you do both. Good luck!

26. beccaal says:

My son was medically retired July 1st and received his first check in Aug but has not received his check for September, who does he need to contact to inquire about this issue?

• Kate says:

Ma'am, your son needs to look on his DFAS MyPay account to see if he has a retiree account statement showing that a payment was made. If not, then he needs to contact DFAS to find out what has happened. If a payment was made, he needs to verify that he has the correct deposit information in his DFAS record. After that, he would check with the bank to see why the deposit did not post.

27. Glen says:

I retired from the USAF, effective 1 Sep (last day was 31 Aug). Should I expect to see my first retirement pay on 1 Oct, or is there normally a lag?

Thanks!

• Kate says:

Congratulations on your retirement! They seem to have the switch to retirement pay system pretty well organized. I've not heard many people who did not see their retirement as expected, and those were usually odd situations. I think you can be fairly confident that it will arrive on 1 October.