Tax Statements For Separated Troops

January 25, 2013 | Kate Horrell

I get a lot of questions from people who left the service and don’t know how to access their W-2 tax statements.  Thankfully, it is not too hard.

First, separated service members retain access to MyPay for 12 months.  It is best to keep your contact details accurate in MyPay.  You can also retrieve your W-2 this way.  However, if you can not get into MyPay, there are other ways to obtain your tax statement.

Army, Navy, Air Force (reserve, active & National Guard) can call  888-332-7411 for assistance obtaining or correcting a W-2

Marine Corps separated members requiring a  W2 should call 888-332-7411. (Select Option #2)

For a 1099R for Thrift Savings Plan distributions, call 887-968-3778.

Looking for a 1099INT for your Savings Deposit Program account?  Call 888-332-7411.

If you received a Voluntary Separation Incentive or a Special Separation Benefit, you need to report the information on that special W2.  It can be obtained by calling 800-321-1080.

I’m pretty sure that covers all the different W2s and 1099s that could be needed by separated service members.  However, if you need something not listed here, call 888-332-7411.  Those are the people to help you find the items that you need.

Hope that helps!


  1. Click here says:

    Love this info. Thank you

  2. Jeremy says:

    It's impossible to talk to a human now. There are no options for seperated veterans trying to get old copies of W2's. Everything is automated without relevant information pertaining to this topic