2013 Active Duty Military Paydays

December 12, 2012 | Kate Horrell

Looking for the 2014 Active Duty Military Paydays? We’ve got ‘em here!

Planning, I love planning.  And so I’ve got a lovely list here of the 2013 Active Duty Military Paydays.  In case you are not sure, active duty military paydays fall on the 1st and 15th of each month , or on the prior business day if the 1st is on a weekend or holiday.  Therefore, the pay calendar looks like this:

Tuesday, 15 January 2013 (for more information, see 15 January 2013 Military Pay)

Friday, 1 February 2013 (for more information, see 1 February 2013 Military Pay)

Friday, 15 February 2013 (for more information, see 15 February 2013 Military Pay)

Friday, 1 March 2013 (dude, there’s no post for this payday.  What the heck happened there?)

Friday, 15 March 2013 (for more information, see 15 March 2013 Military Pay)

Monday, 1 April 2013 (for more information, see 1 April 2013 Military Pay)

Monday, 15 April 2013 (for more information, see 15 April 2013 Military Pay)

Wednesday, 1 May 2013 (for more information, see 1 May 2013 Military Pay)

Wednesday, 15 May 2013 (for more information, see 15 May 2013 Military Pay)

Friday, 31 May 2013 (for more information, see 31 May 2013 Military Pay)

Friday, 14 June 2013 (for more information, see 14 June 2013 Military Pay)

Monday, 1 July 2013 (for more information, see 1 July 2013 Military Pay)

Monday, 15 July 2013 (for more information, see 15 July 2013 Military Pay)

Thursday, 1 August 2013 (for more information, see 1 August 2013 Military Pay)

Thursday, 15 August 2013 (for more information, see 15 August 2013 Military Pay)

Friday, 30 August 2013 (for more information, see 30 August 2013 Military Pay)

Friday, 13 September 2013 (for more information, see 13 September 2013 Military Pay)

Tuesday, 1 October 2013 (for more information, see 1 October 2013 Military Pay)

Tuesday, 15 October 2013 (for more information, see 15 October 2013 Military Pay)

Friday, 1 November 2013 (for more information, see 1 November 2013 Military Pay)

Friday, 15 November 2013 (for more information, see 15 November 2013 Military Pay)

Friday, 29 November 2013 (for more information, see 29 November 2013 Military Pay)

Friday, 13 December 2012 (for more information, see 13 December 2013 Military Pay)

This is a long pay period.  Start planning NOW!

Tuesday, 31 December 2013

The good news is that there are two longish pay periods, and they are only 18 days each.  The bad news is that one long pay period is the second half of December.  Many people are already stretching to make ends meet during the holidays, and a long period can make it more difficult if you are not prepared.  Start planning now to make sure your holiday is full of cheer and not stress.

These are the official military paydays, and you should be paid no later than these days.  Many banks and credit unions offer early direct deposit of military pay as a courtesy to their customers.  Not sure how your bank handles military pay deposits?  Give them a call, search the archives here at The Paycheck Chronicles, or ask in the comments.

As always, pay can come at any time during the day.  For more information, see  What Time Will I Get Paid?

Is it past payday, and you still don’t see your pay deposited?  Use the steps in Why Hasn’t My Pay Been Deposited? to figure out what has gone wrong.

Comments

1. Cheryl says:

Just had to see what this article was about. Useless to fill space. No substance to it at all. Are you smarter than a 5th grader?

2. KMN says:

Shoot, everybody looks at this info once in awhile. New spouses esp. And the Military gets new spouses everyday.

3. wmsbrum says:

Kate there is one error in your dates. You have 29 December where it should be 29 November! Other than that, thank you for what you do!

• wmsbrum says:

Never mind, continue on, it was my lying eyes, lol! My Bad!

No worries, wmsbrum :) I've been known to make mistakes, and it is the careful checking of my readers that helps me fix them. Readers get to mis-read, too.

Happy new year!

4. Ashley says:

Is each paycheck base salary? My husband went active on the 8th, but got his first paycheck for January first, was that with an extra week or just his base salary? First deployment as a married couple! I'm not sure how this works….trying to plan financially if the next check on the 15th will be the same or less

• Ashley says:

Also, do you receive you basic housing allowance on each paycheck or only once a month?? Any financial info would be great!!!

• guest says:

BAH is split between the two monthly paychecks. I am assuming he went active December 8th? If so that paycheck has the extra week in it if he got paid the first…check out the military pay calculators on this site it should give you an estimate on how much he should be getting monthly

5. guest says:

that's assuming he enlisted as married and therefore was entitled to BAH. Monthly salary is base pay, BAH, BAS, clothing allowance (if enlisted) and any special pays. That total amount is split in two paychecks. If he is deployed overseas the pay is non taxable so his paycheck will be much higher then when he comes home.

6. Ashley says:

I did the calculator……definitely like this paycheck with the extra week on it better!!!….yikes:S

7. jason says:

when will navy fed active duty checking get paid for Jan 15th 2013

Jason, you will see your pay pending on Friday, 11 January, to be posted overnight and available for use on Saturday, 12 January. Hope that helps!

8. Brittany says:

Active duty army usaa direct deposit for jan 15 when will the pay be in the account??

USAA offers an early direct deposit benefit. They deposit one business day early, so you should see your pay on 14 January 2013.

Hope that helps!

9. JLS says:

Over the holidays USAA paid Active Duty Deposits a few days in advance, for example, December 15th 2012 and January 1st, 2013. December 15th payday fell on a Saturday, making Friday the 14th the payday as USAA is closed on the weekends, however, they deposited the money a day prior to that, on the Thursday 13th. January 1st fell on a Tuesday, and we received our paycheck Friday, the 28th of December. I am hoping to receive our paycheck on the 11th, like the last Tuesday paycheck, but I think it was strictly for the holidays.

JLS, I think you might be a little confused. USAA always, consistantly, pays one business day prior to the actual military payday. If the 1st or the 15th falls on a weekend or a holiday, the actual military payday is the business day prior to the weekend or the holiday. In your examples, USAA paid one day prior to the actual military payday. Because 15 December was a weekend, the actual military payday was 14 December. USAA, therefore, paid on 13 December. Similarly, 1 January was a holiday. Therefore, the actual military payday was Monday, 31 December. The business day prior to Monday, 31 December was Friday, 28 December, and that is when USAA deposited funds.

Since Tuesday, 15 January is NOT a weekend or a holiday, the official military payday is Tuesday, 15 January. USAA will deposit funds one business day early, which will be Monday, 14 January.

I hope that clears it up. I will be posting USAA's 2013 military pay posting calendar as soon as it is released. They anticipate updating the calendar on Monday, 14 January.

10. bob says:

when will active duty navy federal be getting paid for feb 1st

11. Jessica Arnold says:

Okay everyone, I need help. My husband left for basic training on feb 4th. We just got paid today on march first but was it the the regular march 1st pay and I'm still waiting on the back pay for feb or was that febs pay and I haven't received march 1st for some reason? I'm so confused.

Jessica, military pay is paid in arrears, just like most other jobs. 1 March pay is for 1-28 February, minus any pay that has already been distributed, such as mid-month pay. Your husband will be able to see all the details on his Leave and Earnings Statement, which is available through MyPay. I hope that helps, and please ask any additional questions that you may have.

• ladyjaja says:

You and your husband will be able to see all the details on his Leave and Earnings Statement, which is available through MyPay. I hope that helps

12. Kevin says:

Is there going to be an update for when the banks pay for 3/15?

13. kwnzl says:

ok please dont crucify my here..but i am a new military spouse and my husband is station in the us but 1000 miles away.he was living in the barracks when we married and we decided to marry like a day before he had to go back to base from leave.i tried to mail in the original marriage certificate many times so he could move out of the barracks and start receiving bah so my son and i could move to be with him.something has been wrong with the mail room there and i would always get the certificate back as un- deliverable we tried me faxing a certified copy and everything but they required the original so finally after 3 months of trying he had to get an off base po box and he finally received it turned it in and got everything set up.he was told by and nco he would get back pay bah for those 3 months due to bah being for dependent support.we were depending on the back pay to pay for the outrageous moving cost.but now someone told him that as of 2013 they no longer paid back pay for bah…..does anyone no anything about this? im lost and cant find anything on the internet about it.im totally military ignorant and do not now how to get answers.please help,

kwnzl – I hope no one will be mean :) Congratulations on your marriage! I have not heard that the military has stopped paying back BAH. Your husband definitely needs to keep asking for this, and if he doesn't get success with his finance folks, he might need to go ask JAG for some assistance. I hope it gets worked out quickly.

• Ladyjaja says:

ahahahahahhahahah…lol…SMH!!!!,,,

14. Zachary says:

I was discharged from the USMC on April 10th 2013 from active during MCT training I had injured my back where it will require surgery, I am waiting to get in to see someone at the VA. I was paid on the 15th of April and I was told that I would be getting my last pay on May 1st which shows on my military account how much but I never received it or my final pay for the leave days I never took. Anyone know how long that takes? I did receive my pay for travel though.

Zachary, last military pay can be held up to 60 days as they ensure that your pay account is 100% accurate. Good luck to you!

15. Sara says:

Hi, I was wondering if we are going to get paid Saturday 05/11/2013? We are with service credit union and last pay day we had it in the bank on Saturday. I am asking because of Mother’s Day on Sunday. Thank you

Sara, I wouldn't count on it. Typically, Wednesday paydays deposit on Monday with Service Credit Union. I'm not sure how or why they got the files early enough to process deposits, but there is no guarantee that it will happen again.

16. guest says:

Does anyone know the pay cycle for Firt Sill Federal Credit Union? It seems like they often pay early, but this pay check (july 1) isn’t getting released until the first,though it has been pending and visible since the 26th.

17. Alisha says:

What Bout BanK Of America For Payday nov 29th2013

18. ladyjaja says:

Want to know how much or when your spouse or hubby gets paid? Its simple , just ask them and go from there. I

19. angeloorloff says:

what is our pay increase in per cent rate?

Angeloorloff, the National Defense Authorization Act has not yet been signed into law. It has been passed by both the House and the Senate, and it contains authorization for a 1.0% pay increase. President Obama is expected to sign it into law shortly. The increase will take effect on 1 January 2014 and it will show up in the 15 January 2014 pay.

20. No Name says:

I spent 36 years in the Naval Reserves and yes I have heard of no cost ADT orders where the Reserves would pay expenses but not base pay………

21. Tanja says:

Ummm I think this is spam….Needs to be removed before someone actually contacts that email and ends up being taken for their money. That is also not a German person writing this. Sounds nothing like how a German would translate into English.

22. Natasha Bonnet says:

I think the information that you are providing is useful, especially to those new to the military.