1 May 2012 Military Pay

April 21, 2012 | Kate Horrell

It is still a while until the next military payday, but the subject has been getting more and more popular the last day or two.  Unfortunately for those who are hoping that payday is coming soon, the next military payday is not until Tuesday, 1 May 2012.  That’s still 11 days away!  Most military folks will see their active duty pay hit their bank accounts sometime on Tuesday, 1 May.  However, several military-focused banks and credit unions offer early direct deposit as a courtesy to their customers.

USAA and PMCU disburse military pay deposits one business day early.  For this pay period, that will be on Monday, 30 April 2012.  It can still be any time on that day so please don’t panic if it isn’t showing at your “usual” time.  There are other banks and credit unions that offer early deposit with various schedules.  If you are not sure, ask!

It is a little more complicated if you have Navy Federal Credit Union because they actually have two different pay distribution schedules depending on what type of checking account you have.  If you have an Active Duty checking, then your pay is released one business day early.  For this pay period it is a little confusing but I *think* that you will see your pay pending on Friday, 27 April to be processed overnight and available for use on Saturday, 28.  This is stated on the Navy Federal Credit Union Military Active Duty Posting CalendarHowever, I’m not positive about this.  Please plan for the worst and assume that you will not have access to your pay until Monday, 30 April.  If you have any other type of checking account, you will see your pay pending on Monday, 30 April to be posted overnight and available for use on Tuesday, 1 May.

This has been one of many long pay periods this year.  The next one is super-long, 19 days, from 13 July to 1 August, and then again over the holidays when it will be 17days from 14 December to 31 December.  Be sure to plan ahead so you don’t get stuck!

Thinking that you should have been paid, but don’t see your money yet?  Check out Why Hasn’t My Pay Been Deposited? for helpful tips.

Comments

1. sharon says:

A positive existance is now availible now and soon for all . New measures

2. Marjorie says:

Service Credit Union allows for pay to be deposited 2 business days earlier. So we will get paid on Friday! Whoohoo!

3. Derrick says:

Active duty service member who bank with NFCU there is nothing pending in our accounts as of right now so I’m guessing that means we aren’t getting paid till Monday the 30th :(

Derrick, I would not expect to see it pending yet. If you have an Active Duty checking account (because you chose that type of account, it is not automatic because you are on active duty), you should see your pay pending Friday to post overnight and be available for use on Saturday. If you have any other type of checking account, you should see your pay pending Monday to post overnight and be available for use on Tuesday.

• Derrick says:

Yeah I have active duty checking I switched mine from everyday checking to active duty checking a while back. So let me get this correct IF we are going 2 get paid early we SHOULD see it pending Friday for Saturday .

As I said in the post, Derrick, I am not 100% sure. However, that seems to be the pattern from the last few pays under the Active Duty checking.

4. Derrick says:

5. Ellie says:

NFCU still isn’t pending but probably won’t show a pending deposite till Thursday or Friday night.

6. Dave says:

My payment is already pending and I bank with keesler federal credit union. Does that mean I will get paid this friday? Its a veteran affairs disability.

• brian says:

the bank won't put the money in regardless as the type of payment until the actual pay period the pending of payment is a couterous feature with those on direct deposit providing that the bank provides such service
      am still haven't got a pending deposit notice from nfcu and 4 days to the actual payday if not posted by wensday morning I plan on calling the bank to inquire nothing on my eras nor have i goten a letter from the va stating any changes in payment ie like not getting paid

7. Coco says:

We have Navy and ours is pending now…due to post on the 28th.

8. Alyssa says:

When they say the 27th for active duty checking, are they saying as in thursday night pacific(9) and 12am eastern time when it TURNS the 27th or are they meaning friday the night of the 27th when it's about to turn into the 28th? lol

9. Jackie says:

Does anyone know what day USAA will deposit? I thought I was told payday would never be on a monday…

• Diloris says:

So who has pending deposits? If your with NFCU and have pending I guess USAA will also get paid this Friday as they pay before NFCU.

• ztatart says:

I am not sure where this "USAA never pays on a Monday" rumor started…..we've has USAA for over 10 years and gotten paid on Mondays plenty of times; we just had this same scenario happen in Oct 2011 (1st was a Tues, 31st a Mon) and we got paid *ON* Monday; fund should be avail thru USAA on Monday, April 30th

10. Shannon says:

USAA never gets paid on a Monday though…..SO it should be Friday…..

• Diloris says:

Thx Shannon thats what Im thinking maybe it pending now and pay on Friday. Xfingers

Shannon, I'm curious…why do you say that USAA never gets paid on a Monday?

• Victoria says:

I've had USAA for the past 3 years, and I have never been paid on a Monday, I always receive on Friday or Saturday.

• ztatart says:

I am not sure where this "USAA never pays on a Monday" rumor started…..we've had USAA for over 10 years and gotten paid on Mondays plenty of times; we just had this same scenario happen in Oct 2011 (1st was a Tues, 31st a Mon) and we got paid *ON* Monday; fund should be avail thru USAA on Monday, April 30th

11. Lynch says:

Allegedly nfcu is currently pending

12. Love says:

pending now with NFCU

13. Friendly guy says:

U will get paid saturday on navyfed usaa. Ihave both. People please learn your banks. ^^

14. Friendly guy says:

U will get paid saturday with navyfed and usaa. I have both. People please learn your banks. ^^

15. CHAD says:

I AGREE USAA PAY SHOULD BE ON 4/27

16. Jackie says:

Well I didn't get payed this morning, so i guess i will get payed Monday! I have USAA.

17. TLANd says:

The post date is 4/28 for Navy Fed. That means we get paid here in California at 9 p.m. tonight. If you are on the east coast, it would be midnight.

18. sionis says:

My navy fed account took away it's pending status and my active account is now looking like it did on Wednesday. No idea what this means, but hopefully will be paid tonight at 9.

Sionis, the pending usually disappears for a few hours before the transaction gets processed. If you have Active Duty checking, you should have your funds available for use today, Saturday.

19. Virginia says:

i have marine federal and i havent gotten paid yet and i do not know how to check to see if there is something pending?? how do u check it???

Virginia, I am not familiar with the policies and practices of Marine Federal Credit Union. According to their website, they will deposit military pay on Monday, 30 April 2012. I'm not sure if they offer a pending status…most banks do not. It is primarily a Navy Federal thing. I would imagine that you will be paid on Monday.

20. DPAY says:

So usaa should have the funds available to use Monday?!

Yes, DPAY, USAA will release the funds on Monday. However, it can be any time, just so you are prepared.

21. gonavy1203 says:

It's 730est on monday, and still no USAA pay?!?!?

gonavy, USAA does not post pay at a particular time. They have thousands of deposits to post and these things take time. You will be paid today.

22. KateKashman says:

Army, as I said in the post, and as it states on the USAA payment calendar, the pay will be posted on Monday. That is one business day before the actual payday.