13 January 2012 Military Pay Day

January 08, 2012 | Kate Horrell

The next military pay day is coming on Friday, 13 January 2012.  Most direct deposit recipients should see their deposit post sometime on Friday, 13 January.  Some banks and credit unions offer early direct deposit as a courtesy to their customers.  For people who typically see their deposit one business day early, including USAA and Pacific Military Credit Union, your deposit will be credited on Thursday, 12, January 2012.

Navy Federal posts deposits on two different days, depending on what kind of account you have.  If you have an Active Duty checking account, one of the benefits is early direct deposit of military pay.  Active Duty checking customers will see their deposit pending on Wednesday, 11 January, to be posted overnight and available on Thursday, 12 January.  Customers with any other type of checking account will see their deposits pending on Thursday, 12 January, to be posted overnight and available on Friday, 13 January.

Don’t forget, the upcoming pay period is LONG.  Really, really long.  The next military payday is Wednesday, 1 February 2012.  That is 19 days away.  If your budget is tight, you will need to make some adjustments to ensure that you have adequate funds for essentials.

Comments

1. @CrawlMomma says:

WOo hooo, Thursday! That's awesome!!! WTG USAA!!!

2. joseph says:

The 13back is technically a federal holiday ( martin lutherking) so…… shouldn’t normal pay date be Thursday and usaa be paid Wednesday???.

3. joseph says:

The 13th is technically a federal holiday (martin lutherking) so… shouldn’t normal pay date be Thursday 12th and usaa be paid Wednesday 11th?

Sorry, Joseph. The federal holiday is Monday. Many commands are nicely giving Friday off, but it is not a military, government, federal or banking holiday.

4. Navy Wife says:

The 16th (Monday) is the federal holiday and is when all the federal employees get off. I'm a contractor for the government & myself & and the feds I work with get the holiday Monday.

5. Ian says:

Just checkes my LES. The pay day listed is 12 Jan so that means USAA should post tomorrow (11 Jan).

• Dave says:

No. Your LES list the pay date as this : 12 JAN 13. Meaning the 13th of January 2012. I think you might have misread the year for the date.

6. Army Wife says:

Anybody know when Bank Of America well get paid ?

7. Erica says:

I have not received mine yet and I am with USAA. I would have thought that being with them, I would get it early…hopefully it still comes because I don't know what's going on.

Erica, if you have not yet received your pay, you need to first check your mid-month Net Advice of Pay. If it shows that you should be receiving a pay deposit, then you need to call USAA banking to find out what is happening. If you do not see a payment due on your Net Advice of Pay, then you need to check with your finance folks to find out why you are not expecting a payment.

Good luck!

8. DJG says:

Service Credit Union pays usually 3 days before pay day. We received our pay today.

9. donald head says:

I'm glad I retired in 1978. Paydays were so simple.