1 November 2011 Pay Date

October 25, 2011 | Kate Horrell

The questions are coming – it must be nearing payday.  The next regular military pay day is Tuesday, 1 November 2011.  For most servicemembers, that is the day that they should see their pay deposited into their account.  If you have a bank that regularly pays a day early, such as USAA or PMCU, then you will see your pay on Monday, 31 October 2011.  I know, I know, Monday is Halloween.  However, Halloween is not a federal or banking holiday.  I will have no affect on when you receive your pay.

According to Navy Federal Credit Union’s Facebook page, members with regular checking accounts will see their deposits on Monday, 31 October 2011.  Members who have Active Duty Checking will see their deposits post on Friday and be released overnight for availability on Saturday, 29 October 2011.  Not sure which type of account you have?  Check your online access, stop by the branch, or call NFCU at 1-888-842-6328.

If you have any more pay questions, ask them below and I’ll try to find answers.

Comments

1. rosie says:

I just wanted to point out that November 1 is a Monday, not a Tuesday. This may change when we actually get paid. I hope this helps.

2. tammy says:

Halloween is a monday… i have duty starting that day

3. ArmyWife3553 says:

My husband left on the 18th for BCT. Would he get paid on the 1st? or the 15th?

• Jessica says:

He will get a pro-rated check on the 1st.. His pay date was effective his first day of training, not the day he left.

ArmyWife 3553, first paychecks can take between two and six weeks. I think it is more likely that his first pay will be deposited on the 15th of November. It would be pretty darn quick for them to organize it by the 1st, but it could possibly happen.

Welcome to the wacky world of the military!

• armywife2011 says:

my husband left for basic october 3rd and has not gotten paid yet.. hoping for november 1st

• Just Amazed says:

I’m just Floored that your guy has been in BASIC TRAINING for a week,

& you already got a ‘Army Wife’ handle/screenname ..

Amazing .

• Nancy says:

Military wife is a title earned the moment our husbands enter the service. The only thing you earn over time is experience how to cope with this lifestyle. I applaud ArmyWife for showing her support of her husband’s service… Doesn’t matter if he’s been in 3 days or 30 yrs, we’re all in this together.

Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine… 28 yrs of experience speaking here (Dad served active duty and my husband is active duty)

• mle121 says:

My hubby left for BCT on the 17th and we did not get paid until the 15th of the following month. Don't expect a check on the 1st. If you get one, great, bonus…but you most likely will not ge one until the 15th of the following month at the earliest.

• PFC CISNEROS says:

trust, first month he'll pop out around 2-3,000 so dont worry
      plus they dont pay you till after a month uve been in, since the les shows th last months dues, and net pay, so hell collect a good pay check espeically if your enrolled because after a month i believe he should get seperation pay form you, and if u have a child, and your child, send him a box full of menthol cough drops, and ibprofin, we used those as trading good in bct, hell need them, dont send any food, such as candy and stuff, also send him body wash soap, toothpaste, wipes, the cant have any perfume smells, so regular oldspice or irish spring, and detergent, stuff gets expensive on base depending where u are, oh and send photos, thatll be nice for him to hang on his wall locker

4. debra says:

i was wondering about the army do they get paid the same as the navy or is it different

5. ryan says:

1st is a tuesday smarty

6. hollie says:

I have usaa,would I get paid today since pay day is monday?

7. Beth says:

Does USAA always release funds at midnight or does the time vary?

8. kas says:

We have Navy Fed and military pay isn't showing pending???? Anyone else have NFCU and not seeing military pay pending? NFCU site says that the release date is tomorrow the 29th.

9. SoldersWife says:

I read the following on the bottom of the Nov 1st LES. "Multiple states may have authorized bonus' for soldiers/veterans. Search your state or Veteran's website for disability." Does anyone have any more info? We are stationed in Virginia but our home of record is Vermont. I searched the websites but haven't found any further info. Thanks!

10. Soldier's Wife says:

I read the following on the bottom of the Nov 1st LES. "Multiple states may have authorized bonus' for soldiers/veterans. Search your state or Veteran's website for eligibility." Does anyone have any more info? We are stationed in Virginia but our home of record is Vermont. I searched the websites but haven't found any further info. Thanks!

11. ted says:

WHAT time on Nov 1st will Direct Desposit funds be available for retirees?

Ted, there is no specific time that funds will be released. It depends on your bank's policies and processing procedures.

12. rwl says:

any idea what time usaa reflects the new deposits?

13. armedforces says:

i just changed my direct deposit to navy federal last week, (thursday), am i going to get my november 1st pay in my wells fargo account or in navy fed?, i usually get it a day before even though i've had wells fargo and not navy fed, today its 31st and i have not seen anything in my wells fargo account or navy fed. i just hope that they sent it to my wells fargo because then that would make sense since it might take longer to get in the navy fed system. anybody have any idea on how that works? thanks

14. Christine says:

So since this upcoming week Is a holiday and the 15th is a Tuesday when will usaa get paid??

15. marl says:

If we paid 2 days early when will we recieve our 15Nov pay?

16. ellandro says:

should be the 10th is when u should get paid

17. Kashawn G says:
  18. Kashawn G says:
  19. Jewelz says:

What about Veteran's?? Will we see our disability payments on Friday, 28 Dec. or Monday, 31 Dec 2012.