Use MyPay to Change Direct Deposit

September 30, 2011 | Kate Horrell

I have been swamped with mail lately.  I’m glad for all the questions because it helps me know what is going on in my readers’ world, but I feel guilty because I am having trouble keeping up with all the responses.

One question in particular has come up several times recently:  How do I change the direct deposit information for my military pay, both active duty and retirement pay.  That’s a question that’s quick and easy to answer!

If you are already enrolled in the MyPay system, it is very simple to change your direct deposit information.  Just log into your MyPay account.  From the main screen, select Direct Deposit under Pay Changes.  You will need to know the new bank’s routing number, your account number, and account type.

If you are not enrolled in MyPay, I recommend that you enroll.  It is the fastest, easiest, and most efficient way to keep tabs on your payments and other pay-related information.  Information on how to enroll in MyPay can be found in an old post called How To Access MyPay.

If you really don’t want to utilize the internet to change your direct deposit information, you can use the form SF1199A to change your bank information.

Keep sending those questions coming, and I’ll do my best to keep up with the answers.

Comments

1. Sara says:

KATE- do you know when we will see the SRB payments for NAVY?? a lot of us have been calling DFAS and are not getting answers.

2. Shirley says:

perhaps a little slight stroke and an ulcer?

3. Liz says:

I want to know the same thing as Kate; how come the SRB payments for the NAVY aren't showing up yet? Last year they were in the accounts on Oct. 1st and this year no one seems to have gotten theres.

4. CHRIS says:

I spoke to PSD today and they said to expect the deposit on the 3rd of October the first business day of the new calendar. Depending on your banks policies you will see it monday or tuesday. I spoke with USAA and they said that if the funds are released on Monday you will receive the money immediately.

5. Kate Kashman says:

Thanks, Chris. I've heard Monday from multiple sources. Seems reasonable to me.

6. Lynn Ferris says:

How doe I get a SF 1199A?

7. Ace Madera says:

Leave and Earnings Statement (LES)
    Tax Statement (W-2)
    Student Loan Repayment Program(SLRP) W-2
    Travel / Miscellaneous Tax Statement (W-2)
    SDP Tax Statement 1099-INT
    Savings Deposit Program (SDP)
    SDP Statement / Withdrawal Request
    Travel Voucher Advice of Payment (AOP)
    Email Address
    Personal Settings Page (Click here for details)

those are the only options I see, I dont have a pay changes option. How do I get to where I can put in my new account information?

Ace, are you the active duty member or are you set up as with a limited access password on someone else's account? If it is not your account, you are not authorized to make pay changes, so that option doesn't come up for you. Only the active duty member is authorized to make pay changes.

8. Cat says:

I cannot find the direct deposit link to change it. I used it over six months ago. I am a ex who is receiving retirement and need to change the bank acct

9. John says:

I changed the accounts my money was going to, but it still sent it to my old account. Do the changes not appear until the first of the next month?

10. Lucas says:

What is the address I mail the SF 1199A form to when setting up my Direct Deposit?

11. Dimas Maldonado says:

I tryedto change my direct deposit online in "Mypay", but when I get to the Main screen it does not give me the optoin "Direct deposit" so it is not entirely true. does it have to do because I work with NAF?

12. Gerald says:

How do I increase my deductions from my monthly retirement pay.
    Also, I have not been getting my W-2 each year. How can I get it when going on line.

Gerald, if you are unable to use the MyPay system, then you should call the Defense Finance and Accounting Service Customer Service line at 800-321-1040. Hope that helps!

13. jose says:

how long dose it take for the new bank to start getting ur pay versus ur old bank, i switched banks online my direct deposit says its going to my new bank but when i get paid it gose to my old one