Sears Heroes at Home Registration Today!

August 30, 2011 | Kate Horrell

YET ANOTHER UPDATE:  Sears Heroes at Home – Important Update – Must Reregister

Another Update:  The registration closed after about an hour.  I don’t know how many people were able to register, but I hope it was a lot.  If you were unable to get through, you might want to keep checking back occasionally.  In past years, they have reopened registration for short periods of time after it originally closed.

UPDATED:  I’ve just learned that the address for sign-ups is www.2011hahwishregistry.com

This information is second-hand, but it is a reliable second-hand source.  AirForceWife at SpouseBUZZ has reported that the 2011 Sears Heroes at Home program will be accepting registrations tomorrow, 31 August 2011, from 1 to 3 pm CDT.  The official 2011 FAQ page states that registration will open in late August and close at 3 pm CDT, today.  We’re really cutting it close here!’

Over the last several years, the Sears Heroes at Home program has provided over 23 million dollars in financial support to over 62,000 of military families

The site is sure to be overwhelmed, as it was last year, so be patient and persistant.  Hopefully the times and dates won’t change…I’ll let you know if I hear anything different.

Sears Heroes at Home program

Comments

1. KYLE says:

IT WAS SUPPOSED TO OPEN 5 MINUTES AGO BUT IT HAS NOT!

2. Grace says:

i know. must be flooded with people trying to register!

3. raymond says:

Can someone post the link if they get it to work.

4. SARA says:

It is still not up

5. Sara says:

It just says will be up at 1 CST but nothing else comes up.

6. Lois says:

I'm in New york and I can't site to come up to register–I hope this is not a joke, it's awful mean if it is

7. Shari@Rain into ' says:

It's working now. Best of luck!

• jen says:

where do you go on the site…i dont see anywhere that says to register when i click on wish registry it takes me to faq please help me

• lauren says:

doing the same thing to me, do you just have to keep clicking where it says wish registry and hope that one time it doesn't take you to the fact sheet?

8. Heidi says:

I just got through; it took 30 minutes, but we were able to register!

9. Stacy says:

I tried registering and when the page finally loaded (at 1:31) it said that registry had already closed :( Oh well! Congratulations to those of you who were able to register.

10. christine says:

I just got through and it said that registration is closed, but its only 2pm central time. Not happy right now!!!!

11. claudia says:

It says that registration is now closed :(

12. Kristin says:

thats messed up that they said its over at 3 central time and its now closed and its only 215.

13. wes says:

I doubt that they received 23,000 registrations in 30 minutes. I hope they open it up for registration again.

14. Tiffany says:

I have been looking all day for a place to register, and I couldn't find it anywhere, when I finally did, it was closed! I am really irritated. I was all over that site today!

15. lori says:

I tried to log in too….Tried repeatedly for 30 minutes, but site wouldn't even load. Then came back 15 minutes later and when it did load, it said site was closed. Bummer….

16. jehood says:

it was to be open until 3 or when max number of people registered they said over 20,000 people registered in 30 mins!!!

17. kayla says:

i started trying to register at 1300 EXACTLY and haven't been able to register. i've been on hold for almost 3 hours now trying to talk to a rep. super pissed.

18. Ron says:

really so how do Soldiers find out about this stuff. I mean I work hard have had many deploymenst I find out about at 1330 I tried registering on the site and calling the number on the sears web site. I don’t want to sound ungrateful but how is it every year i find out on the last day and i miss out? the 20,000 who registered probably never deployed, not trying to sound bitter, really i appreciate them for honoring our service.

• Evie says:

SEARS GRANTS HEROES’ HOLIDAY WISHES EARLY

August 29, 2011 By Troy
      Posted in Charities/Contests, Spouse and Family, Veteran Benefits

Sears and some of their personnel have been guests on You Served Radio before and we have written about the Heroes at Home program several times on here.

In the past we didn’t find out about this program until it was to late. This year we have a heads up. So on Wednesday, if you are a qualifying active-duty family, be sure and stop by their website to register.

Registration for Sears Heroes at Home Wish Registry Opens on Wednesday, Aug. 31

WHAT: Continuing its long-standing tradition of support for military members and their families, Sears will open its fourth annual Heroes at Home Wish Registry at the end of August. The earlier time frame will allow families to register for participation before the holidays and enjoy the gift-card donations during the Christmas season.

WHEN: From 1 to 3 p.m. CDT on Wednesday, Aug. 31 active-duty military members and their families who comply with program guidelines can register for the Sears Heroes at Home Wish Registry. Registration is on a first- come, first-serve basis.

From Sept. 4 through Nov. 19, 2011, Sears will invite Americans to donate to the Heroes at Home Wish Registry, which provides military families with Sears gift cards for the holidays.

WHERE: Active military members and their families can register for the Heroes at Home Wish Registry by visiting http://www.sears.com/heroesathome.

WHO: To be eligible for the program, registrants must be serving on active duty.

BACKGROUND: The Heroes at Home Wish Registry enables Sears’ customers to thank America’s military heroes for the sacrifices they make for our country. Through the Heroes at Home Wish Registry, Sears continues its long-standing tradition of support for the military, and especially their families, whose sacrifices also deserve much recognition and reward.

Through its numerous Heroes at Home initiatives, which include helping rebuild homes for military veterans and their families, Sears Holdings has a long and rich history of support for military families and Sears associates who are active or retired servicemen and women. The Heroes at Home program, which also provides Sears gift cards to active servicemen and women during the holidays through its Wish Registry program, has raised more than $23 million over the past four years and helped more than 62,000 families.

Donations made to the Wish Registry are not tax deductible. Wish Registry donations will be distributed equally to Registry members in the form of Sears gift cards. To find out more about Sears’ Heroes at Home Wish Registry, visit http://www.sears.com/heroesathome.

19. stephanie says:

Just got this message!

A number of you have expressed concerns over problems encountered with the Wish Registry application process. Given the sacrifices all our military heroes and their families make, it’s important that everyone have an equal opportunity to register. Accordingly, a new registration process will be conducted on Saturday, September 3, 2011 at 1pm CST.

PLEASE NOTE: All prior applications will be discarded. If you were able to submit a registry application yesterday, you must re-apply during the new registration time period in ordered to be considered for the registry. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused but want things to be fair for all families.

To learn more or apply for the 2011 Wish Registry, visit http://www.Sears.com/HeroesatHome.

• mrswhetstone says:

What happened t first come first served? I was able to be there during the first registration and got my application in before they closed it. I wasn't able to access a computer on Saturday during the second registration. How is that fair? I already applied and was in on time, but now because people want to whine about it I don't get to participate now? A bunch of crap in my opinion!

20. stephanie says:
  21. Bob says:

Agree 100% Julia. It is stuff like this that gives the members of the military a bad name. A company tries to do something nice, can only help a limited number, and does it as fair as can be. Then when someone is late, not able to get in and register, etc., their first decision is to call and complain. Talk about being ungrateful. Makes me sick to thing that some feel entitled and will eventually ruin a good thing.

22. Yuliana says:

This was actually the first year we register, been in the military for the past 11 years, luckily we found out about this registration on time this year!
    Good luck everyone;)

23. CJJ says:

BUMMER! Didn't make the cut again this year, maybe next. Thank you Sears for being kind enough to give back to us military families. We personaly haven't been one of the lucky ones but want the company to know how much we appreciate the thought anyway!! Thank you again! You guys are AWESOME!

24. erica says:

any new info for whent he registration is open this year? I keep checkin back to the sites and find nothing.

25. melissa says:

Ditto…u just have to be grateful for what u do get…and there’s always next year anyhow best wishes to every1 trying to register :)