2011 Active Duty Military Pay Dates

Looking for the 2012 dates?  See 2012 Active Duty Military Pay Dates.

Amazing to me, but my list of the 2010 Military Pay Dates has been one of the most popular posts of all time.  Therefore, it only seems sensible that I would publish a list of 2011 Military Pay Dates.

Drum roll, please…

December 30th, 2010 (technically a 2010 pay, but I thought I would include it anyway.)

January 14th

February 1st

February 15th (see Heads Up For February and March Pay for more information.)

March 1st (see Heads Up For February and March Pay for more information.)

March 15th (see Heads Up For February and March Pay for more information.)

April 1st

April 15th

April 29th

May 13th

June 1st (please see 1 June 2011 Pay/Memorial Day Weekend and USAA and Navy Federal Direct Deposits 1 June 2011 Military Pay

June 15th

July 1st (see 1 July 2011 Pay)

July 15th (see 15 July 2011 Pay Predictions)

August 1st (see 1 August 2011 Military Pay Information for more details)

August 15th (see 15 August 2011 Military Pay for more information)

September 1st (see 1 September 2011 Military Pay for more information)

September 15th

September 30th (see 1 October 2011 Military Pay for more information)

October 14th (see 15 October 2011 Pay)

November 1st (see 1 November 2011 Military Pay Date)

November 15th (see 15 November 2011 Pay Day for more information, especially if you are with Navy Federal.)

December 1st (see 1 December 2011 Military Pay for more information)

December 15th

December 30th (See 30 December 2011 Military Pay for more information)

Still confused?  It is really pretty simple.  The military paydays are on the 15th and 1st of each month.  If the 15th or 1st fall on a weekend or federal holiday, then the payday is the previous business day.  For example, if May 15th falls on a Sunday, then payday is on Friday, the 13th, which is the last business day before the 15th.

Many banks and credit unions, including USAA, release pay funds to their customers one business day earlier than the official payday.  They do this as a courtesy to their customers.  Other banks do not have an official policy of releasing funds early but often do it anyway.  Also, many banks are unable to physically process all their payments at exactly the same moment.  This means your neighbor or friend might get paid before or after you, even if you use the same bank.

If you more questions, please ask…that’s why I’m here!

Retired and looking for your pay dates?  See 2011 Military Retiree Pay Dates.

About the Author

Kate Horrell
Kate Horrell is a military financial coach, mom of four teens, and Navy spouse. She has a background in taxes and mortgage banking, and a trove of experience helping other military families with their money. Follow her on twitter @realKateHorrell.

98 Comments on "2011 Active Duty Military Pay Dates"

1. We will get paid this upcoming December 30th? Is that because the 31st is being recognized as the holiday? That's great news though! Thank you!

2. Katherine, that is a good question. I've checked it the federal holiday calendar and the DFAS pay schedule, and it does appear that payday is on Thursday, December 30th. Of course, your results may vary depending on your banking institution.

I haven't seen a pending deposit on my account but I'll update when it shows up.

3. "….if May 15th falls on a Sunday, then payday is on Friday, the 15th…"

wow. There's two May 15th's? I think you're the one confused.

4. Good catch, Bill! I have corrected in the original text. I could sense that there was an error somewhere in that post, but I assumed it was in the list. I looked it over so many times! I'm glad you were able to spot it.

5. Is the retiree paydate also going to be 30 Dec or 3 Jan 2011?

6. and if you have usaa, you will get paid the business day before everyday payday. ie if the 1st falls on a monday, you get paid friday. If the 1st falls on a federal holiday you get paid two days before that federal holiday. if the 1st falls on a federal holiday(new years.not this year) and that holiday is on a tuesday, you get paid the friday before. ONLY IF YOU HAVE USAA.

7. …."the business day before everyday payday". sorry i meant every.

8. Thanks! I checked online and i see that since January 1st falls on Saturday that Friday will be treated as a holiday for pay and leave according to opm.gov so hopefully that's right and we get paid on the 30th, I have Navy Federal! :-)

9. Ah for some reason my post messed up! i said i see that since January 1st falls on Saturday that for Federal Empoloyees friday will be treated as the holiday for pay and leave purposes so the 30th should be right! I have Navy federal though and the pending hasnt shown yet so who knows!

10. Katherine, my Navy Federal isn't showing pending yet, either, but I think it will show up sometime tonight or tomorrow.

11. What if you go into bootcamp on Jan 5,2011 would you get a paycheck on Jan 14,2011 or is it lagged until end of the month?

12. So since I have usaa will I get paid this Wed?

13. Will our pay go in the bank tonight (Wednesday 12-29-10) after midnight?

14. We're with USAA & my hubby's pay is already in there. Just an FYI.

15. That is correct, i just checked my USAA account, they have already disbursed our pay.

16. What times of the day do we get paid

17. My husband just finished boot camp Dec. 15th. His checks have been pretty steady since he joined but this one today was more than $100 less than it usually was. Any ideas why? Thanks!

18. So I would just like to say that your list is rather off. In fact it's almost completely wrong. We do not get paid on the 1st and the 15th of each month nor will they ever pay us 3 times in one month. If you go to pmcu.com under the military section you can find the real pay dates. Sorry to say but, you have been misinformed.

19. Dear Active Duty, thanks for your concern. I checked out the link that you sent, and I saw the 2010 calendar listed. It appears that your bank, PMCU, is one of the banks that permits their customers access to their pay funds one day early. That is a lovely courtesy that they extend to their customers and I'm sure you appreciate it. However, their pay calendar does not reflect the official DoD pay schedule.

For comparison to your PMCU calendar, you can see the official military pay calendar at the Defense Finance and Accounting Service at http://www.dfas.mil/militarypay/militarypaytables… They haven't posted the 2011 list yet, but you can compare their 2010. You can also see more explanation about weekend pays at the DFAS Military Pay Table page at http://www.dfas.mil/militarypay/militarypaytables

I'm glad that you have a bank that allows you access to your pay funds early, but I don't want other readers to be confused by your comments.

20. is it going to be the 14th because the 15th is on Sat, and they do not pay on Sat's right? I mean, the bank is opened (navy federal), but only for a few hours, so it comes at Midnight Thursday night/friday morning?? i can not remember the last time it fell on a sat , so can't really remember what they did. but is that why it's listed as the 14th instead of 15th this time?

21. thanks Kate!

22. If you have usaa and martin luther king birthday is a national holiday does that mean you will get paid on Wednesday or Thursday since the holiday falls on a Monday and the 15th falls on a Saturday….I’m confused

23. Can you post a link to the DFAS pay schedule? I was wondering about the pay dates on your list because ever since the beginning of 2010, I have received pay on some Saturdays when the fifteenth fell on that day. I don't think it was because of my bank because other people I knew had the same thing happen and used other banks. Like I said, I never saw that happen before 2010 and I have been in nine years now.

24. Since the 15th of january is on a Saturday does that mean we get paid Friday the 14th?

25. The few times when our pay wasn’t available until Saturday was when the payday fell on a Monday. The last time it happened was for the Nov 15th paycheck. We use Navy Federal and I heard it has something to do with the day before being a Sunday.

This year, the only month where it goes in on Saturday will be August 1st and 15th. Hope that helps!

26. did everyone get paid today?
    i cant get outta the house till after 4 today, and can't check it online, just wondering if everyone else with navy fed got paid today.

27. thankyou!

28. My son went in on Jan 3 when will he get his first check.

29. My husband went in on Jan 4th & I just got in the mail his paystub. It says it will be deposited on Jan 21st. ???? I was expecting Feb 1st as I knew about the 1st & 15th dates. Not I'm not quite sure when I will get my next check?

30. @gina there first check is always at a diff. time !! i got mine on a random date also! my husband has never been paid on the 1st or 15th

31. does usaa pay jan 31 2011

32. Will USAA get paid Jan 28th seeing how they don't update the systems on Monday morings, and we usually get paid a day in advance?

33. Will USAA get paid on Friday Jan 28th or Monday Jan 31st?

34. USAA folks, I can not predict when USAA will release your funds. According to their policy, active duty pay will be released one business day early. This pay period, that should be on Monday, January 31st. However, due to the enormous volume of pay that they process, they can not physically credit every single account at the exact same moment. Payments get processed in batches over a period of time. It seems entirely possibly that some of you might have access to your funds earlier.

35. Any idea why my husband got paid last night (midnight on the 27th) instead of on Monday, the 31st? We use NFCU, but have always been paid on the normal dates before (he’s been in 10 years, so we’re not newbies!). Kind of makes budgeting difficult when we’re getting paid on random dates!

36. It may be a bank mistake, we did not get paid, we use the base credit union

37. Let's hope! My fingers are seriously crossed!

38. opps sorry didnt mean to post that three different times.. computer was messing up. lol

39. Just wondering | January 27, 2011 at 11:40 am |

Im with USAA by any chance since we get paid the 31st and its a monday will we get paid tomorrow?

40. yeah that is what im wondering? is payday for usaa people tommrow or is it on monday? does anybody know this question?

41. I just looked back in my statements in June 2010 where payday was on a Tuesday and it was deposited on the friday so fingers crossed

42. I'm with USAA and I looked at my June 2010. My money was deposited on the 14th of June.

43. hey if the 1st of febuary 2011 falls on a tuesday will i get paid on monday or friday

44. If you have USAA we always get paid on FRI if the 1st or 15th falls on a Tuesday! It may be different for others but my husbands check always goes in on the FRI before if it falls under these circumstance!

45. I'm not sure. I can only speak for myself, which is why i said it might be different for others. Ours always come early! Hopefully it will for everyone else who is needing it. Do not think it has anything to do with rank as my husband is a high ranking Officer as well.

46. DrPepperJunkie | January 28, 2011 at 10:01 am |

Did anyone even get paid today? I also doubt it goes by rank.

47. NFCU got paid, but not USAA… unfortunately.

48. anybody with USAA get paid today?

49. Just wondering | January 28, 2011 at 12:56 pm |

Lucy, do you really think so?

50. hey i have usaa if the 1st of febuary 2011 falls on a tuesday will i get paid on monday or friday im active duty army and i didnt get paid fri (28 jan 2011) will i get paid on the 29th on a sat or 31st on monday

51. yeah but i have a few friends who have USAA and got paid today as well so im wondering what is going on? im a bit confused and USAA isnt helping at all.

52. USAA got paid for some people already?

53. i called usaa earlier and they said that if we dont get paid today then we will monday. but not sat or sun.

54. I am very upset that Navy Federal customers got their pay today and USAA customers wont be getting paid till Monday!!! thats three days!!!! How shady is that?

55. Yes, crazy! I think I will switch my checking over to Navy Federal…. It seems like they always get paid early.

56. From what I've been hearing, Navy Federal has changed their policy and now deposit as soon as they receive paychecks. Not fact to me yet, but heard that. USAA needs to get on the bus.

57. yup i talk to a few friends on my facebook who has USAA and they said they got paid.. this is shady! it was a very long pay period so why would USAA hold our funds from us until monday? do we have to be navy to switch over to navy federal. LMAO!!!

58. Ok. I'm a bit confused. My husban left for boot camp on Dec 13th and so far we have gotten pay 3 times? Once on 12/29, 1/13 and 1/27. This doesnt follow the pay dates at all so i'm wondering if its normal or if eventually will fall on the 1?st and 15th

59. I think it all depends on the banks deposit policy, also if there is a holiday coming pay may be processed earlier or later. Read the fine print.

60. thanks it just seemed weird that the dates were so off.

61. we have usaa and i still have not been paid!! anyone else having this problem? im getting a lil nervous.

62. My husband still hasn’t gotten paid! We are with USAA!

63. same here! shouldnt it be a day early for usaa?

64. Just checked and still didn’t get paid! What is going on?

65. Ive been with USAA for about 7 years and it has always been a day earlier. And today I have not received it yet! My family needs the money and I’m always counting on it the day before payday. It’s making me a little nervous too.

66. I just checked and we just got paid!

67. is there anyway kate that you can come up with a listing of the banks that do release funds one day before? i need to make an educated decision!

68. Is anyone still having problems with pay, i still havent gotten payed

69. so it's 1 am est and still no pay in my nfcu account a bit miffed since it seems half the country got it on friday.

70. I’m leaving to go home from vaca tomorrow and the check hasn’t dropped yet *** fml I don’t like u nfcu

71. i understand all of you work hard for your paychecks and you deserve to have them on time, but maybe you should consider better financial planning if you need your paychecks before payday or right at midnight on the day of posting.

72. Ok now im really worried, im a specialist with the us army and today is the first and still no pay, i have usaa as my bank, im thinking something is wrong and im pretty sure im going to have to talk to some one

73. what is up with feb 15 pay? I tried the link, but it takes me somewhere else. anyone have any luck with it

74. My husband left at boot camp. Should be direct deposit in my bank. I just checked and I didn’t get paid. What’s going on?

75. when did ur hubby start bot camp? usually they don't pay you till the 4-6th week and BAH till the 8th week.

76. Is there any reason a pay deposit would be slowed down because of the fact its a Friday and alot of Civilians gets pay deposits today too?

77. David Fergson | April 1, 2011 at 9:21 am |

I am a retiree and my birth date is on the 28th of March. My retired pay is as of the 28th of March. today is April 1, 2011. Do I get the 4 days of pay on April 1st, or do I have to wait until May 2, 2011 to get my pay?

78. Hi! Newbie here. I can't seem to locate where I can POST a "general" type question. So, I will ask it here. PLEASE help by answering the question OR by leading me to the link (proper board) I need to be on. Thank you.
    I have done everything I am supposed to do. Went to MEPS, signed papers, picked job, etc., etc. (NAVY) ……however, MY paperwork states RESERVE all over it. I have spoken with my recruiter over and over again, they stated that I am ACTIVE DUTY. My paperwork (contract) states 8 years. Someone, PLEASE HELP!! Thank you for your time. I want ACTIVE, was told ACTIVE.
    HELP! I leave for boot camp in a month. I have waited 7 months for my job to become open ……….I am VERY confused.

79. Navy Federal will be paid on the 13th? Not the 14th? I thought they did process deposits on Saturdays so that's why i'm asking. You are saying it will be between midnight-6AM on Friday morning? (thursday night)? If so that's great, just want to check! Thanks1

80. KateKashman | April 25, 2011 at 2:33 pm |

Katherine, it depends on what sort of account you have and what sort of craziness Navy Federal is up to this week. If you have any account other than an Active Duty account, you will most likely see the deposit overnight on Friday night into Saturday. If you have an Active Duty account, it could be any time between Wednesday and Friday night. I'm sorry it is vague but they have been really inconsistent with their new policy.

81. this is wrong, i didnt get paid on apr 29. or today

82. I didn’t get my deposit on the 29th, 30th or may 1. I’m desperately hoping its there on the 2; tomorrow so I can pay bills. Its never been late.

83. Memorial Day is on a Wednesday but Friday and Monday are "holidays" would we get paid Tuesday(31st) or wednesday (1st)??

84. this year for memorial day if you bank with usaa when will we recieve our pay checks?

85. When will Navy Federal Get paid for memorial day since we get paid 2 days early!

86. Not sure what's going on. No pay for my retirement nor for my VA compensation. I expected it to be in my USAA account. It is the 31st of May.

To early to call as member services is closed right now at the 1-800 number.

Anyone have any idea when we should expect to get paid?

87. Adrienne harris | August 18, 2011 at 3:43 pm |

Are we getting paid on the 26/27 of august or the 32st of august

88. Ok. Here we go. No offense to anyone here but all this talk about paychecks and “when am I getting paid” it’s totally unnecessary. I mean live within your means and budget correctly and you will not have to be worrying about money so much. Really” there are well over 300 posts talking about paychecks. Wow. BUDGET BUDGET BUDGET people.

89. As a retiree, this will give us 13 paydays in 2011, that will really be a pain due to being taxed more in 2011 but there will be 12 pay days in2011. Figure that one out.

90. what about retirees that are totally disabled

91. The first is on Tuesday (November 1st), the 31st is on Monday, so when do we get paid?

92. How will the upcoming Veterans day weekend affect the pay dates?

93. Carlos Pineda | November 14, 2011 at 5:32 pm |

My EAOS is November 17? Will I get paid on November 15? and will it ba full pay?

94. Can you post a link to the DFAS pay schedule? I was wondering about the pay dates on your list because ever since the beginning of 2010, I have received pay on some Saturdays when the fifteenth fell on that day. I don't think it was because of my bank because other people I knew had the same thing happen and used other banks. Like I said, I never saw that happen before 2010 and I have been in nine years now.

Read more: http://paycheck-chronicles.military.com/2010/12/2
    The Paycheck Chronicles

95. Dear Active Duty, thanks for your concern. I checked out the link that you sent, and I saw the 2010 calendar listed. It appears that your bank, PMCU, is one of the banks that permits their customers access to their pay funds one day early. That is a lovely courtesy that they extend to their customers and I'm sure you appreciate it. However, their pay calendar does not reflect the official DoD pay schedule.

Read more: http://paycheck-chronicles.military.com/2010/12/2
    The Paycheck Chronicles

96. If you have usaa and martin luther king birthday is a national holiday does that mean you will get paid on Wednesday or Thursday since the holiday falls on a Monday and the 15th falls on a Saturday….I'm confused

Read more: http://paycheck-chronicles.military.com/2010/12/2
    The Paycheck Chronicles

97. My husband is in basic training right now and I'm receiving final notices for my bills. How soon should i expect a paycheck so my power doesn't get cut off?

Comments are closed.