- What Would Mario Do? 9 Money Lessons From Super Mario Brothers. The David at Pimp Your Finances explains how a video game character can teach economic lessons. He's pretty creative, and it makes a lot of sense when you read it.
- Prime Time Money has put together Stick it to the Man: 15 Things You Should Never Pay For. Well, actually, it is 14 things and the commenters have included several suggestions for number 15. My favorite? Hmmm, it is hard to decide.
- We all know how hard it can be to find a job if you are a frequently-moving military spouse. For that reason, freelancing can be a good choice. Money Smart Life has a list of resources at Job Search – Find A Freelance Job.
Also, at the Festival of Frugality, Green Panda Treehouse has put together a lengthy list of articles about various aspects of living on less. The Paycheck Chronicles' Gas & Electric Bill Update X2 has been included in the Money Management section. Other good reads:
- M is for Money offers suggestions for pet owners in her post 50 Ways to Save on Pet Expenses. She starts at the beginning, with suggestions on selecting a pet, and includes information on food, toys & care. I remember being surprised the first time I calculated how much I was spending on our "free" kittens. Miss M makes sure that you don't forget!
- Jim at Bargaineering writes about the Best Used Cars for College Students. The only reason that his list is aimed towards college students is because it only addresses sedans, so basically it could be renamed "Best Used Cars for people who could drive a sedan."
- Patrick at the Military Finance Network writes about Extra College Money for Military Members and Veterans. In addition to Tuition Assistance and GI Bill, Patrick includes some less obvious options.
There's truly something for everyone in this week's carnivals. Enjoy!