I stumbled across another great blog today, The Wisdom Journal. I particularly like the comprehensive post titled 50 Frugal Things You Aren’t Doing. I feel pretty excited that I actually am doing a few of these things: my husband and I talk about our financial goals regularly (#2), we don’t have private mortgage insurance (#10), and we have a programmable thermostat (#28). A few others we sort of do. The author, Ron, challenges the readers to pick five things from the list and try to implement them. Here are my goals:
- write a better budget and stick to it,
- control my emotional (and unplanned) spending,
- set up a Christmas Club account (I had one organized, then I diverted the money to another purpose),
- make a personal inventory of our stuff,
- increase our savings rate
So, what five things could you do? I think Ron has done an excellent job of giving suggestions that will help us all weather these tough economic times. Thanks, Ron.